Getting ready

I quickly shower (and shave) then get out of the shower. I go to Reem's room and put on some jeans and a shirt as I wait for the makeup lady to come. I leave my hair down so it can dry and not stink up the scarf.

10 minutes pass, and as I'm brushing my hair, I hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" I scream and Reem walks in and comes and sits next to me. "Hey I have a question." She says.

"Yeah what do you need?" I tell her assuming she wants to borrow something from me. "If I were going to do something bad to you, what do you want me to give you or do so you can forgive me?" She asks. "Do you ask all your sister-in-laws this question?" I ask with a little nervous laugh at the end.

"No, but come on answer me." She says. Okay right now I'm a little scared and curious to what she did or is planning do do.

"Hmmm...let me think...if you were going to hurt me and make me sad or mad, the least you could do is give me a bag full of chocolate. So then while I'm sad, I can eat as much chocolate as I want." I say really quickly. You know what they say...you eat desserts when your stressed because stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

"You sure? You just want chocolate? Do you want anything in specific?" She asks. After trying my best to explain what a Kit Kat is for five minutes, I tell her anything is fine. With that she leaves and I stand in the room alone wondering what she's planning on doing that is going to hurt me so bad that she needs to be forgiven for.

I decided that as I'm waiting for the makeup artist to come, I shall sketch to make time go faster. I head to the bags and find the one that has all my art supplies. I love sketching, it's the easiest way for me to relieve my stress. I get out my sketchbook and look around for a new sketch pencil. I finally find one and without much thought, start sketching random shapes and objects that come to my mind. As I'm able to finally put these objects into much thought, I realize I am drawing a barn get burned.

I stair at the image for awhile, not really sure as to why I drew it. I then start sketching people not that far from the barn watching it burn down. I don't know why but decide to draw a mamma cat feeding her babies. As I'm drawing the second baby cat, the makeup artist walks in. I look up at her and we exchange greetings then she soon begins.

"You're really pretty." She says to me. I stay silent for a moment as I'm blushing. I take complements awfully. Oh don't get me wrong, I get complements often it's just I never really know how to respond. I finally decide to give her a response that I know won't be taken as an insult.

"Thank you. You're very pretty as well." I say smiling back at her. We don't talk much after that as we listen to people decorating the house around us. We hear people running, screaming, babies crying, everyone seems so confused. I almost feel bad making everyone tired because of me but then remember I never asked for this in the first place. Everyone is doing this more for themselves than for me. My mom wanted this party and so did Ahmed's family. So if they're going to get tired and stressed out it's there fault because I damn well don't want a party. But never the less, I'm thankful.

As the makeup artist finishes up the makeup, I hear her start giggling. I look up at her confused and ask her what's so funny. "Oh nothings funny, I just think it's cute that you have all these hickeys and you've been married for what less than two days now?" She asks. I don't respond as I put my head down. I don't understand why she even put blush on me when she was going to make me blush this hard anyways.

She quickly finishes the makeup and leaves me alone. I look at the mirror that Reem has in her room and see that I look like a totally different person, and not in a good way. The foundation she used is to light for my skin which is weird because I'm really white. She covered up the freckles around my nose and under my eyes which I hate. I always admired my freckles, because they are what makes me different from my family members, other than my eye color.

I used to have light blue eyes as a kid, but as I grew, the color faded. My eyes are what people describe as hazel considering the fact that they are green with yellow and brown specks but occasionally look dark blue. I personally prefer the hazel color over the blue because not lots of people have hazel eyes, or so I assume.

Another thing that I dislike about this makeup look is my eyebrows. I have relatively medium sized eyebrows that aren't too thin or too thick, that I love but I guess not everyone else does since she covered most of it with powder and then drew a line in there place which I hate. Awwghh why do Arabs like thin pencil eyebrows over natural eyebrows, I don't understand.

I love the eye look though. She put a dark pink color on my eyes which surprised me because I though Arabs liked vibrant colors over dull anytime. Overall I would rate this look a 6 out of 10 but my opinion doesn't count since the makeup artist knew what she was doing because she knows what people prefer better than I do.

My mom walks in a few minutes later to ask me if I'm hungry. I kindly decline since I don't have much of an appetite. She tells me it's time to pray then to get dressed because the party/celebration is about to start. I obey her and put on a praying gown and pray. After I pray, I get dressed and wait for the approval to go out. I really love the dress though it is a bit loose on me. I was surprised because the dress is a size 5 and I usually wear a size 6. I guess they were right when they told I was going to loose weight once I came to Yemen. I love the scarf as well. The jersey scarf because gave me so much choices on how I prefer to style it.

Scarves for weddings or engagements aren't mandatory and most brides don't. For a matter of fact I have never heard of any other bride where a scarf in her wedding. It made me feel special and the feedback I got was splendid. My mom liked the complement as well and was why she decided to get me this pink scarf and long sleeved dress.

*****

Hope you enjoyed

Prepare yourselves because the next chapter is going so emotional and has some smut that isn't really all that but still be prepared.

Like

Share

Comment

Have a good day☺️☺️