✎7✎

*not edited

I'm currently helping Mr. Mendes grade the quizzes from Wednesday we took over The Catcher in the Rye. Then after I'm going to the football game with the gang. I'm only go to support Greyson and probably that's the only reason the others go to the games anyway. Once the game ends Eli and I are going to go on our date.

"Are you going to the football game?" I ask him finishing grading the last quiz he handed me.

"Yes, my date apparently went here for high school and wants to see the game," he tells me. I shouldn't be hurt because he has date since I do too but yet there's still a pain of jealousy.

"You have a date? When this happened 'man that has no friends yet'" I ask trying to hide my jealousy by teasing him a little.

"Well I was talking to my sister the other day and she said I should just ask someone out it might help me get out there more." I nod that's a smart idea.

"Where'd you met her?" I'm honestly more curious now than jealous.

"I went to a bar in Seattle and she was the bartender. I thought she was cool and asked her out," he tells me.

"That's it, I was thinking it was something more romantic." I say slightly disappointed but still happy knowing this date really isn't that serious.

"Well I really wanted to ask someone else out but she's unavailable."

"Unavailable? Is she married?"

"No. But she's in a relationship and I have to respect that." I nod. Well there goes my theory on him liking me. I guess he likes to tease too. So that almost kiss a few days ago was just a game I assume.

"How are you and Eli?"

"We're good, I'm going on date after the game with him," I tell him and I see something shift in his eyes but it happen so quickly I can't describe it.

"Do you know what he has planned?"

"Probably dinner somewhere we can talk. I haven't gave him an answer yet on how I feel." There's a couple reasons why, one because I'm slowly falling for my teacher. Two I don't know what I want. I'm hoping I'll get a sign before my date ends.

The bell rings dismissing last period I grab my things since I'm done grading papers. I want to head home and change into something cuter for my date with Eli. "See ya later Mr. Mendes" I say before leaving his classroom. I run into my little brother who tells me he's going to the game with some friends then to their house for the weekend. That boy is hardly ever at our house it was never like this in Texas. Usually his friends would be over getting on my nerves. I take Paris to my house since her ride is usually Greyson but he has to practice before their game tonight. Probably warming and going over there plays. I'm glad though because now I have someone to help me decide what I should wear for my date.

"Should I wear a skirt or dress?" I ask.

"Dress because it's going get cold in a few weeks and dresses will be out of the picture. You should wear that olive green dress I bought you for your birthday." She suggests. It is cute and simple I can pair with white sneakers and pull my hair into a bun and wear hoop earrings.

"Okay I'll wear it then," I smile and go change in my bathroom and do my hair.

"You look so pretty, love the bun," Paris squeals.

"Thanks, now let's go don't want to get a terrible parking spot." I wasn't here for football games since I came in March but I heard that practically everyone in town come to these games. I smile when I get a spot that's pretty close the entrance. Before we get out Paris squeals again, "holy shit! Mr. Mendes has a girlfriend!" She points over to Mr. Mendes and his date who were holding hands. He smiles at something she says and I'd be lying if the sight of them together didn't hurt me. She was pretty with her ginger hair in a braid and she was wearing a black skirt, white blouse and some wedges. While he was sexy as always but looked super casual compared to his school attire. He wore white hoodie with burgundy jacket over and some black jeans.