✎5✎

*not edited

The girls and I decided to have some girl time and talk gossip and the drama going on in our lives. We got pedicures done this morning since we got manicures last week for the new school year. Now it's lunchtime and we were craving Frank's milkshakes.

"I can't believe you live next to Mr. Mendes," Paris sighs as we walk into Frank's.

"Yeah I'm so jealous, you get to see Mr. hottie 24/7," Rose adds before we sit at our usual booth.

"Girls it's not that big of a deal. I didn't even know he was my neighbor until last night." I told them almost everything about what happened at dinner last night but not all of it. We order our food and some milkshakes before continuing our girl talk.

"So are you going out with Eli tonight?" Paris changes the subject.

"I texted him last night so we could move our date for tonight and he says he wants to take me to his favorite place."

"Wow that sounds intimate," Rose's eyebrows rise slightly and her lips almost agape.

"Really? You think?" I'm so nervous about tonight I haven't really dated anyone let alone go to their favorite place.

"Don't freak the poor girl out," Paris says. "Look Eli really likes you and you like him, just be yourself and everything will be fine," She tells me before sipping her chocolate milkshake.

"C' mon that's the most cliché advice," Rose sighs. "Ezra told me that Eli wants you to ask to be his girlfriend. I don't know if that's supposed to be tonight but I bet my five dollars it is. If you want to be with Eli then there's nothing to worry about, if your heart belongs to someone else then get ready to break someone's heart." Wow, Eli wants to be my boyfriend, we haven't even gone on an actual date yet.

"Why would you say my heart belongs to someone else?" I ask quite confused since I've only been talking about Eli for the past few months.

"Well, there's a sexy and single man living next door to you," Paris hints with a smirk.

"For the last time, I'm not going to have some affair with my teacher." Ever since he's got here all they joke about is sleeping with Mr. Mendes.

"You say that now," Rose teases. I shake my head before finishing my cheeseburger. After lunch, the girls come over to my place and we watch some movies in my room before my date. They were more focused on Shawn since he was mowing his lawn shirtless.

"Goddamn he makes manual labor so sexy," Paris smirks.

"I know, I just want to—"

"Don't finish that sentence," I interrupt Rose knowing it will be something too inappropriate to hear about your teacher.

"I'd love to keep watching Mr. sexy but I gotta go do some errands for my mom," Rose says.

"And she's my ride so I'll be leaving too. See you on Monday. Tell us everything about your date with Eli."

"I will." They rush downstairs and I watch them from my window giving school girl waves to Shawn before getting into Rose's Jeep. I chuckle at their desperation then go take a shower and get ready for my date in that's in 2 hours. As I finish my hair, my mom slightly knocks on my door before she comes into my room.

"Honey, your dad and I are going out tonight for dinner and your brother is sleeping over at a friends house, will you be alright by yourself?"

"Yes, I'm going out too," I tell her with a smile.

"With that Eli boy," she grins, she met Eli briefly when he came over for a project last year. She thought he was kind and polite regardless of what he's appearance said.