✎6✎

*not edited

I wake up and look at my phone to see a text from Eli and my mother. I check what my mom had to say because it's probably important.

Mom: Honey your father and I went to church and then going out for brunch so pick up your brother around noon.

I assume they didn't wake me since I got home late. It's a little after ten thirty so I have some time until I have to pick up Kai from his friend's house. I look at Eli text and he says he had a great time last night and looking forward to our next date. I simply reply, 'me too' before I go take a shower. I wash my hair since it was deep conditioning day, my hair is curly and very kinky but I straighten for the first week of school because I'd figure it be easier to manage in the mornings. As I get out of the shower I smile when I see my curls again. After getting dressed I blow dry for a few minutes then let the rest air dry since I'm too lazy to finish.

I go downstairs and make me a turkey sandwich. I find some Doritos in the cabinet and add some to my plate. I get into one bite of my sandwich when the doorbell goes off. I wonder who that is? I go make my way to the front door and open to see Shawn with our can opener, I completely forgot he borrowed it.

"Hey, here's your can opener," he grins.

"Thanks, do you want to come in?" I hope he says yes I'm completely bored at the moment. I usually have someone to talk to this time in the mornings.

"Sure, you got any of that delicious lemonade?" He asks and follows me to the kitchen.

"Yes, I do." I grab two glasses and pour both of us some lemonade.

"Thanks, hun." He gives me a wink before taking a sip. "Is your hair naturally curly?" He asks examining my hair.

"Yes, I just washed it so my curls are back," I grin.

"I'm really liking the curly hair, it suits you," he says biting his lower lip and I'll say the sight is quite sexy. "Where're your parents? I'd figured one of them was going answer the door," Shawn changes the subject.

"Church then brunch, and I have to pick my brother up in less than 2 hours." He nods and takes a sit on the stool next to me.

"What's it like having a younger brother?"

"It's not unicorns and rainbows I'll tell you that. Kai is consistently getting on my nerves and he's disgusting. I can't have a moment of privacy with him around," I rant.

"I have a younger sister back in Canada and we get along great sorry to hear that."

"It must be nice I always wanted a little sister," I pout.

"Are you home alone a lot?" He asks.

"Kai tends to always be at a friends house and my parents work until 5 or 6. On weekends they have dinner dates and go to church."

"Well if you're ever home alone and need some company I'm usually free considering I don't have any friends here yet."

"A handsome and charming guy like you will make friends in no time," I tell him with a grin. Suddenly my phone goes off and I look to see my brother calling me.

"Hello?" Why is he calling me now I'd figured he stay longer.

"You don't have to pick me up at noon, Greg and I are going to the skate park and his mom is going to drop me off around 3."

"Okay. Do mom and dad know about this?"

"Yeah, they said it was alright. Gotta go bye." He quickly hangs up.