✎4✎

*not edited

"Mr. Mendes is so sexy, I'm happy he has lunch duty today," Rose says looking at him while he looks down at his phone. I really don't understand why the teachers are even here they never pay attention to any of us during lunch. This school isn't really known for their fights so it's like them being here is unnecessary. I don't mind if it means I can look at him though.

"He's the forbidden fruit your parents warn you about," I say.

"Yeah, such a shame I can't have a piece," Paris pouts.

"That's only because you're with Greyson, I'm sure if you were single you'd already have taken a bite," I tease, even though it's true.

"Oh shut up," she laughs throwing a fry at me.

"I'm still jealous that you get to spend a hour with him alone for the next few days."

"It might be longer than that actually," I say smiling at the memory of yesterday.

I climb up the ladder to staple some papers that have some writing tips around the room, as I get to the last one I begin to feel faint and lose my balance falling off the ladder. This is it, I know I'm going to break something when I hit the ground. Suddenly everything stops and my mind goes blank, I take a deep breath and open my eyes.

Two arms lift me up and topaz eyes entice my own. Mr. Mendes carries me to the reading couch he has in the back of the classroom. He gently lays me down and looks at me like I'm a porcelain China doll.

"Talia, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine just a little dizzy," I mumble.

"Did you eat today?" I had breakfast but I wasn't hungry during lunch so I didn't eat a terrible mistake.

"I skipped lunch," I tell him and he nods. He walks to his desk looking through his satchel and pulls out a protein bar.

"It's not much but you need some food," he says handing me the snack and I immediately open it.

"Thanks, sorry if I scared you," I say, I've never seen someone as worried as him at this moment.

"It's fine darling, I'm just glad you're alright." Mr. Mendes calling me darling makes something spark within something no other teacher has ever done.

"I'm just glad you were here to catch me, I would have surely broken something."

"I'll be happy to catch you anytime then," he jokes and I want to believe there's some deeper truth in that.

"Thank you for all the help, my classroom is finally done," he speaks after I was done eating.

"No problem, I enjoyed working with you. Probably my favorite teacher so far," I say and he grows a smirk on his face.

"Is that so. And why am I your favorite exactly? Is it my handsome good looks or maybe my humor. Oh I know it's my ass isn't," he jokes and I playfully shoved him.

"Tell me I've heard all of those things before, but what do you think of me."

"People have said you have a nice ass to your face," I giggle and he nods laughing. After our laughter dies down I answer him.

"It's because you show so much passion in what you love. You actually show us you are here because you want to be you want to shape the minds of the future. You inspire me Mr. Mendes and no other teacher has done that before," I tell him and by our proximity I could practically kiss him right now. By his eyes faltering between my eyes and lips I believe he was thinking the same.