Twelve - You Shine So Brightly

Chapter 13 is here, and I can't believe we're this far into the story already!

So..I have an insecurity. And it's creating stuff like this. I always get so scared that people are going to hate this, but with the amount of comments saying otherwise, I just feel so grateful that this is a thing 💕💕

With that said, would you like this story to end on a short note, or should I drag it out and extend the plotline? I have many ideas that I think could go along well into the story.

If I end it, people might complain that it was too short or it didn't satisfy them enough.

But I also don't want this to be over 100 chapters long. People would complain about that, too. Ugggghhhhh this is complicated, the people's reactions are what scare me haha.

Alright, anyway, I'll stop ranting and let you read now.

_______________________________________

I wake up in a bed, a bed that I didn't remember sleeping in.

I realize that I am nuzzled into Gavin's chest, and I then relax. He probably brought me home after the amazing night we had.

It's been about half a year, Gavin is 17 and a half, and I turned 17 not too long ago, either. It's in the middle of August right now.

We went to my parent's funeral a couple of days after they died, and obviously I didn't take it well. I would have never thought that my parents would have been put underground like this, this early in their lives. They were only in their thirties.

I couldn't stop looking at my sister's grave, either. Yes, it was sad, and yes, I did cry a lot. But no, I didn't feel the same pain for my sister as I felt towards my parents.

You want to know why?

Because my sister's grave looks... different. The ground on her grave has...what looks like dug up holes.

That wasn't there before. I nudged Gavin and he sees as well. But he tells me not to worry about it that much, it was probably a mole or something. I nod and shrug it off.

But it was still hard to forget about that day many months later. It caused some suspicions with me, but I ignored them.

For the next couple of months, Gavin and I bought an apartment near the town we went to for that weekend getaway. Madison ended up dropping out, and Gavin was more than happy to include her in our house. But surprisingly, Allie did too. She said that she's not going to be the only one in school while we're out having the time of our lives.

Collin and Jacob graduated from their class in the military, but then quit. So now Allie is living with those two lovebirds in an apartment not far from us. So, I'm pretty much living the dream life. I'm living with my lover and my best friend, in an apartment with all of my friends nearby, doing things that entertain me everyday.

Except I'm not. I'm the only person left with Connoway genes, and the thought of my sister's grave being messed with urks me.

I get out of our bed, leaving Gavin to sleep peacefully in it. I walk into my kitchen, where my laptop lies on our table next to a coffee cup and a TV remote. I grab the laptop, walk back into our bedroom, and open it up, logging in.

I curiously think of what to search up. I decide to riskily search up my parents, who died a couple months ago. I search up Larry and Betty Connoway, and Google comes up with results of Georgia's news stations talking about the murder. I scroll down, and notice one link that grits my teeth.