Two - Protectors

This chapter will be much longer. Hope you don't mind the long chapters sis.

_______________________________________

I run through the school hallways, crying.

I hate my life. I can't do this anymore.

I hear some people running after me, but I could care less who it is.

I run to the main entrance of the school, and open the door. I then slow down, and sit on the stairs, and start sobbing.

Why did Ashton have to bring up January 17th, the day my sister died?

My sister's name was Riley Connoway, and she was cycling one day. She was 15, older than me at the time. She was cycling with her friend, Florence through town.

The same day, a high-speed chase was going on in our town. A car was going 83 in a 35 mph zone, and no one knew until it happened.

Riley and Florence we're cycling, having a good time, and then the bastard came through town and hit both Riley and Florence dead on. They both died on the spot.

I start to sob, I miss my sister so much. It's been 4 years, and every day I still wish I could have been there to push them out of the way or something..

I feel two pairs of arms around me, and I look up and see Madison and Gavin there, comforting me. I have no idea how they got out of class, but they did.

The fact that they came for me means a lot. Even the new kid came for me.

"Wesley?" Madison calls my name. I look at her, and she's holding my hand. I don't mind, she's pretty.

"I already know what you're going to say." I tell Madison, and she speaks up again.

"Everyone in the class knows about your..sister, Wesley." She says and I nod, still tearing up.

"That bitch....Ashton, right?" Gavin speaks up, and I look in his eyes. I see fury. Anger.

"Yeah...that's his name." I say, and Gavin stands up. I look at him. What is he doing?

"Look.." Gavin says to me. "I know we literally just met, but you do not deserve this. I'm going to talk to the principal, and see if-"

I stand up and put my finger to his lips. "I've tried that already. The principal is Ashton's dad. You really think he's gonna go on my side rather than his own son's?" I ask him, my cheeks blushing red from embarrassment.

I feel a tear go down my cheek, and Gavin sees it. He holds my chin in his hand and wipes it off with his thumb.

Madison stops holding my hand, and walks behind Gavin to where I can see her, and mouths 'He's a hottie, take him!' and I scowl at her. Gavin notices, looks at Madison, and she smiles innocently. He than looks back at me, my face blushing.

"B.." He tries to say something, but then I see his face go pale, and then blush with embarrassment.

Alright...I don't really think I'm straight anymore. But I'm not gay, either. I'll just say I'm bisexual for now. And I have a reason to, this hot ass man is five inches in front of me.

"I mean..uh..Wesley." Gavin then says, and I look in his eyes. There's something else that he's hiding in those eyes, I can see it in his blue eyes.

"Yeah?" I say quietly to him. He puts his hands on my shoulders, he's very touchy for some reason.

"I don't care how long we've known each other for, I am going to be there for you. I will fight by your side, I will not let anyone else hurt you like this.."  He says quietly, and we both blush.