Liar Liar

"Why do you have to be so selfish all the time?" Logan snapped, turning to his boyfriend with a bemused look on his face. The smile on Roman's face wavered but he quickly replaced it with a smirk, striking a dramatic pose and grinning at the other side.

"Selfish? Whatever gave you such an idea?" Roman chortled, looking at the other man smugly. Logan groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head in exasperation.

"You're selfish, arrogant, and think you're better than anyone else. Need I say more?" Logan said in a fake-cheerful tone, a broad "smile" etched across his face. Roman frowned and started to speak when Logan's smile vanished and he glowered at his passionate counterpart.

"Oh, please do! It's not like you're any better!" Roman found himself snapping back. He blinked and stumbled over an apology, but Logan was already too far gone.

"I'm not any better? That's rich, coming from you! You're always the one to insult and hurt others because they aren't 'as good as you are'!" Roman could feel tears welling up in his eyes, That wasn't true. He would never say that to anyone. He tried to get a word in but Logan cut him off again.

"Shut up, Roman! All you ever do is talk, and talk, and talk, and talk! It's like you have no filter, no...no ability to think about anyone but yourself!" Roman was shaking, his mouth hanging open. Logan wasn't saying this. He was having a bad dream, or mishearing him, r something. Logan would never....Logan loved him! Didn't he?

"You know, sometimes I wonder why I even try! Why do I try to be in a relationship with someone like you? You obviously don't love me! If you did, you'd actually give a damn!" Logan was shouting now, his face beet read and his hands clenched at his sides. Roman's stomach dropped. No, this wasn't happening, this wasn't happening. How had he not noticed he was hurting his beloved this way?

"My love, I assure you, I never meant-" Roman's head snapped to the side as Logan slapped him, not even caring how badly he could hurt his partner. Roman stumbled back, clutching his stinging cheek and looking at Logan, who seemed just as stunned as he was. Roman felt anger bubbling up in his chest and he looked at Logan with a hardened expression, not noticing the tears that had begun to slip down his face.

"I guess you really do hate me, huh?" Logan's eyes widened.

"What? N-No, I...I got mad, I didn't mean to-!"

"Stop lying Logan! You know you're lying!" Roman said, his voice shrill and loud, and Logan could tell he was trying not to sob.

"You hate me!I know you do! All of you do!" Roman roared, his shoulders shaking with suppressed sobs and whimpers. "A-And you have every right to! I'm selfish, and mean, and inconsiderate, and I don't even make any real contributions! Yeah! I'm just that- that- that one guy who hangs around and pretends he's all that but knows he's a worthless piece of shit!" Roman added, laughing hysterically as tears streamed down his face.

"That's not true-"

"I'm worthless! Absolutely worthless! You want to know why I brag about myself so often? why I make it seem like I love myself so much?" Roman said, waving his arms around wildly.

"Roman-"

"I-It's because I actually have the nerve to think that someone like me could be loved! Can you imagine that?! A worthless, arrogant monster like me being loved!" Roman was laughing harder now, crumpling to his knees and shaking horribly as he leaned forward, arms wrapped around himself as tears splashed down the the ground in waves.

"Roman, please-"

"A-And maybe one day, I'll start believing it! Maybe one day I'll start thinking I'm handsome, and brave, and talented, and creative if I keep telling myself and others so much!" Roman grabbed at his hair, his eyes wild as he twisted and yanked at the brown, soft locks. "Maybe it'll actually happen and I won't be so useless-"

"ROMAN, STOP IT!" Logan shouted, getting on his knees in front of Roman and tearing away the other's hands from his hair. Roman's chest heaved and he fell silent, obedient, hanging his head and trembling as if he was expecting some sort of punishment. Logan tried to cup his cheek with his hand but Roman turned his head away, making the large bruise forming on his cheek when Logan slapped him clearly visible. The bespectacled trait felt a lump growing in his throat and he released Roman;s hands, fingers running gingerly over the purple splotch.

"Honey, I'm so sorry...I had no idea you felt that way. I didn't know. Baby, I'm so sorry," Logan began softly, wiping away the tears he could reach off of Roman's face. The prince-like trait chuckled humorlessly and let out a half sob.

"Stop lying," Roman choked out, losing himself and beginning to sob. he bent forward until his knees and forehead were touching, his body jerking with exhausting, heavy sobs. Logan kissed Roman on the top of the head and rubbed his back, smiling down at him lovingly as tears of his own began to glisten in his eyes.

"I'm not lying. I as angry, and I shouldn't have said those things to you." Logan lifted up Romans head and gave his nose a gentle kiss before looking him in the eyes and firmly saying, "Roman Creativity Sanders, you are one of the most incredible men I've ever know.n You're smart, brave, talented, and you care about people. Yes, you act arrogant, yes you make fun of us, but that's who you are. That's the man I fell in love with, and I don't want him any other way." Roman sobbed harder and flung his arms around Logan, burying his face in the crook of his neck and wrapping his kegs around his waist as he spluttered out apologies.

"I love you so much, my handsome little Prince," Logan cooed, running his fingers through Roman's hairs as he sobbed and cried into his neck. "I love you so much."

"I l-love you too, n-nerd," Roman forced out, smiling a bit with quivering lips through his tears.

"There's that beautiful smile I love. I'm sorry I made it go away," Logan whispered, planting a soft kiss on Roman's lips before resting his head on top of the other's. Roman, still hiccuping and shivering softly, curled up closer to his companion and sighed. Maybe Logan wasn't lying after all.