Family

A/N: Requested by romananalogicality on tumblr. You should check them out, their fics are amazing!!!!

Fandom(s): Sanders Sides, YouTube, Thomas Sanders

Warnings: Fighting and some self-deprecation

Ship(s): Platonic Analogical

"Why are you doing this, Logan? Why are you trying to help me?" Virgil hissed, eyes narrowed as he stared at the logical trait. Logan stared back, eyes firm, but filled with compassion.

"I care about you, Virgil. What else? Do you really need to know more than that?" Logan said, trying to keep his tone from sounding irritated. All he'd wanted to do was help Virgil fall asleep. It was late, and Logan could tell that the other needed it. He was wearing no eyeshadow, but his eyes were still black and baggy underneath. Logan reached out to touch Virgil, maybe to reassure him slightly, but the other flinched away, glaring.

"Don't," Virgil hissed. "Just don't. I know you don't really care about me, it's Thomas you want to protect. if I don't get sleep, Thomas doesn't get sleep, and then he can't function and none of you can do your job," he snapped. Logan let himself roll his eyes and managed a small smile.

"That is simply not true. Thomas can sleep if you cannot, as long as Roman creates a dream for him each night. I do care, even if you think I don't. You're also not the most pleasant person to be around when you're tired," Logan said. He'd meant his words as a bit of a joke, maybe to make Virgil crack a smile, but quite the opposite happened. Virgil's mouth twisted into a snarl, frightening the logical side (though he would never admit it) and making him back away in surprise.

"Stop it, Logan," Virgil hissed. "Just shut up. Nothing you say is going to make me believe you. I know you're lying. You don't give a fuck about what happens to me," he snarled. Logan straightened, looking at Virgil with shock, outraged.

"How dare you accuse me of such a thing! Haven't I shown you that I care? Haven't I been there for you?" Logan said, beginning to raise his voice.

"No! You- You left me!" Virgil croaked, his voice cracking. "You left me when you knew what was going on, and you didn't even care! Y-You just...It was just like before. I was hurting, and I was panicking, and you didn't see it. Y-You don't really care," Virgil continued softly, hanging his head. Logan blinked, his chest tightening. He had done this...he had made Virgil lose trust in him. Logan bit his lip in order to fight back tears and rested his hands on Virgil's shoulders.

"I made a mistake, Virgil. I shouldn't have left you. That was selfish of me, and I wasn't thinking as I usually do. You're family, and I l- uh- love you. Never forget that," Logan murmured. Virgil sniffed and looked up at the other, his eyes misting with unshed tears.

"It was one hell of a mistake."

"I know, I know, I....please, give me another chance, Virgil. Please," Logan begged, his voice cracking. Virgil swallowed, glancing about as if looking for a way to escape. Finally, he sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

"I-I guess I can try. I want to have a good relationship with you guys. Trusting you...it's just a little hard right now, but you've always been nice-ish to me, so I'll give you another cha- oof!" Virgil was cut off as Logan tackled him in a hug, scooping him up in his arms tightly, tears of joy in his eyes.

"Thank you, Virgil, thank you!"