A Child

Warnings: Fighting, Self-deprecation, crying, self-harm, and hurt/comfort

Ship(s): Platonic Moxiety

"Patton, I'm not siding with them, I'm just saying-"

"Just saying what, Virgil? That I'm immature? That I'm stupid and useless? That I do nothing to help Thomas? Well, I know all that already, there's no need for any of you to remind me!" Patton said shrilly, his fists clenched at his sides. Virgil quickly shook his head, face pale, and lifted up his hands in surrender.

"N-No! I'm just saying, you can be a bit...uh...immature sometimes! I mean, it's not super bad or anything, but you act like a little kid, being all hyper and telling jokes and stuff! it's distracting! I'm not telling you to stop completely, just to settle down a little," Virgil insisted. That only seemed to hurt Patton more. He bit his lip, tears welling up in his eyes. Virgil's eyes widened and he reached out to hug the man he loved as a father.

"Wait...Pat, don't cry, please. I didn't mean to-"

"Don't touch me!" Patton hissed, swatting Virgil's hand away. He grabbed at his hair, tears streaming down his face. Virgil watched in terror as he subconsciously clawed at his face. He grabbed his wrists and slowly lowered them. Blood already dotted Patton's cheek and forehead, long scratch marks all over his face.

"Patton, Dad, please stop it," Virgil pleaded, gently placing his hand on Patton's cheek and trying to wipe off the dots of blood.

"I know I'm different, I joke, I laugh, I try to have fun, unlike all of you uptight assholes. If that makes me a child, so be it," Patton hissed to himself, trembling whimpering softly. Virgil sighed and pulled Patton close, hugging him as tightly as he dared. Patton sobbed on Virgil's shoulder and gripped the back of his sweatshirt tightly, his entire body shaking.

"It's alright dad, it's okay. I've got you. I'm sorry about what I said. You don;t have to change, I love you so much," Virgil murmured, rubbing Patton's back smoothly and kissing his temple.

"You don't have to change."