19. Atiyya

*not edited
I keep on telling y'all to comment more. Y'all feedback is so funny. I should not have over 2,000 reads per chapter getting only 60-70 comments! I know I've been done for a while, but speak y'all mind!
———-

I was smiling from ear to ear. Last night with Kaleb was sort of perfect. After the talk we had, he stayed over and we watched Netflix. I cuddled up in his arms and it just felt...right. Even if it was just for a moment.

It gave me reassurance that I wasn't delusional about our feelings for one another after all and even if we weren't trying to be together at this very second, him and I had an understanding of some sort.

Do our own thing for now and what's meant to be, will be. Timing is everything.

Today, I had more important things to worry about though . I was going to a comedy show. Victor's to be exact.

Not going to lie, I kind of felt like a hoe. Even though there really isn't anything going on between us, to be kissing Kaleb yesterday and seeing Victor today did leave me feeling guilty.

Anyway, I was super excited. I had only found out a few days ago that he did stand up comedy when he told me he had gotten me and whoever else I wanted to bring, tickets. I mean, I knew he made funny videos on Instagram, but I didn't know he was actually pursuing a career in it.

Victor was older than me by a couple of years and he had already established a life for himself. The money he made from being an influencer and gigs helped him pay for his own apartment and car. It was pretty inspiring. He was so young and making great strides to be successful in life. Just goes to show that you really don't have to go to college if your dream doesn't deem it necessary.

I put on a basic white crop top and jeans with some strappy heals. I didn't want to overdue it. I was going on 2 week old hair so I just slicked it into a top knot bun and called it a night.

"You ready?" I asked April. I decided to make her my plus one.

We were getting dressed at my father's house unfortunately.

"Yeah, give me a sec." She began putting her hoop earrings in her ear.

The door to April's room opened as I looked at the reflection of my compact mirror, putting some extra gloss on. You could never go wrong with a good ole clear lip gloss.

"Where are y'all going?" My dad asked.
"Out."

"In that top?" He raised his eyebrows.
"My mama bought me this top." I replied, tucking my compact mirror and gloss in my purse.

"You don't need to be walking around here with your stomach all out. Leave something to the imagination."

"First of all, I'm eighteen. Second of all, ain't nothing wrong with a little bit of mid drift, relax. And while you talking about me, look at April."

April got up and did a 360 for our dad. She didn't have on a crop top, but she might as well have with the coochie cutters she decided to wear instead.

"April, go change." He stated.

"Leave them alone Travis, damn. You girls look great." Lauren came up the stairs. Her short frame shadowed behind my father.

"Thanks mom."
"Thanks." I replied dryly.

"I just——" April and I hurriedly grabbed our things and rushed out before he could say anything else.

Getting downstairs I realized I left my phone on the night stand. "I gotta go back and get my phone. Just go get in the car." I threw her my keys before making my way back up the stairs.