8. Kaleb

*kind of short ☹️
*not edited
———-
June 6, 2017

It was going on eight at night and the sun had pretty much diminished. During the summer, daylight didn't wait on anybody.

Vaughn and I had decided to go to the comic book store.

It was our place of happiness. We could both roam the isles, pick a comic book, and find a quiet corner for each of us to sit in until one of us text the other that we were ready to go.

We did the same thing as children except we had to go looking for each other throughout the store because neither one of us had phones then. I guess some things never changed.

"Alright, I'm about to go look to see if they got any new Valiant editions out. You know the drill." Vaughn said, as we stepped in and he got ready to walk away.

I nodded, thinking about my own mission.
As Vaughn and I separated into our own directions, the chunky Caucasian male at the cash register gave me a smile while I walked pass him.
"Need any help finding anything sir?"

"Actually I do, you guys wouldn't happen to have The Invincible Iron Man, volume 3?"

"Yes, If you go to the fourth isle," He pointed. "It should one of the first ones on your right. It's one of our new ones so we've got it on display. You shouldn't miss it."

"Okay 'preciate it." I turned around, following his instructions.
"No problem, and if you can't find it, there should be someone back there at the desk to help you."

"Alright cool."

That was another thing I loved about comic book stores. All the workers were like a bunch of cool, nerds so the energy was genuine.

Just like employee said, I couldn't miss the comic. I pulled one of the more crisp comics that was beside the display and found a quiet spot to sit in on the carpeted floor.

I ran my fingers across the cover of the book and my eyes gleamed at the curly head black girl that as on the front next to Tony Stark. Riri Williams was her name. I smiled to myself, being reminded of Atiyya's hair when she took it out that pony tail it was in.

This then caused me to also think about what had transpired that afternoon between us. The priceless look I left on her face.

Don't get me wrong, when Atiyya looks exceptionally more good than what she usually does, it does become harder for me to remain focused, but in all honesty, she was getting on my nerves.

She always had something smart to say and didn't know how to stop until she was able to get the final word.

So, retaliated the best way I knew how and left her speechless. I couldn't lie, it felt great to know I had that kind of affect on her. The silencer had finally been silenced.

"What we smiling about?" An angelic voice coaxed out to me. It startled me, as I was so wrapped up in my thoughts.

My eyes lifted up as I analyzed the stature of the feminine body that was now standing over me. With the artificial lighting from the ceiling light bulbs slightly blinding their facial features, I was finally able to make out who it was. "Jamie?"