25. Atiyya

*not edited
IF YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO READ, PLEASE DO SO. I KNOW ITS BEEN A MINUTE lol
————

"I can't remember if I told you, but you look beautiful."

"You have, about a thousand times." Victor and I laughed. "But thank you, I'm glad you think so."

We had just finished eating brunch and he was now walking me to my car.

We stopped once we found where I was parked. "This was fun, I really hope we can do this again sometime."

I paused, not really knowing what to say. For some reason, Kaleb's words yesterday was etched into my brain and he was all I could seem to think about.

Was I just passing time with Victor? Or did I genuinely want to see where this thing could go?

The last thing I wanted to do was lead him on. I had some decisions to make.

"Earth to Atiyya." Victor chuckled. "You okay?"

I quickly snapped out of my train of thought. "Yeah, I just..have a lot on my mind."

"I can see that."

"I'm sorry. This week has been something else believe it or not."

"You don't have to apologize," he paused. "It's hasn't been the best one for me either, but I'm happy I got to spend some time with you."

I put my head down, trying not smile.

I had to admit it, the boy had game. He was a real smooth talker.

I looked up and knew this was about to be the moment he kissed me. I watched him close his eyes, his body shift forward and lean in.

I followed suit, allowing my lips to embrace his.
It was a doting kiss and his lips were soft. He kissed me like he wanted more. I finally pulled back after a few seconds.

His hand rested on the dip of my back and I started to think about how Kaleb would place his hand there when he wanted to kiss me and how it felt like it was supposed to belong there.

"Victor, I don't think I can do this, I'm sorry."

"What do you mean?" He caressed my face.

I felt a lump in my throat because I hated letting people down. I was feeling him, but I knew for a fact that the one I wanted and have always wanted is Kaleb.

"I like you, but I just can't lead you on. It just wouldn't be right." I backed out of his arms.

He shook his head, "I'm so—-"

"Typical. See this is why I stopped talking to black bitches before. Y'all always playing hard to get."

"Excuse me?"

It was like a switch had gone off. I mean I knew he had the potential to be upset, but the person I was talking to now was not the same Victor I talked to the night at the party.

His facial expression looked deranged. I knew bipolar and psychosis when I saw it. I had witnessed enough of my mothers patient episodes to know exactly what it looked like.

"Yeah, excuse you. You couldn't say this shit before I took your ass on dates and paid for food."

"Victor, it was never my intention——"

"Man whatever." He shooed me off.

I looked at him as if he had lost his time. I slowly took my keys out of my purse. Something about this did not seem right and I knew I needed to be leaving as soon as possible.