32. Kaleb

"Kaleb, granny made breakfast!" Junior's excitement echoed in my ears as he jumped on me. I groaned, attempting to ignore him, turning over on my side.

"Kaleb! Get up. Granny said to come downstairs!"
"Alright, man, close my door." I waved him off, my eyes reluctantly opening to the sunlight seeping through my cracked curtains.

Tiyya and I didn't get back until almost 3 o'clock in the morning last night and exhaustion weighed on me. The club scene never held much appeal for me, but after the events of the night, a break from it seemed overdue.

I threw the covers off, my bare feet meeting the cold wooden floor. A gust of wind brushed against my tatted chest, a smirk playing on my lips as I reminisced about the previous night, how 'Tiyya straddled me, ample bottom gripped in my hands as she rode me.

Shaking off the lingering thoughts, I couldn't help but think about what happened. The intensity of the connection we shared last night lingered. What she did with me, I didn't want her doing with anyone else. I knew I needed to find a far better way to ask her to be my girlfriend.

Initially, I didn't really understand where she was coming from, but I had time to think once coming home last night and her words made sense. Post-nut clarity is a real thing, especially for men so I know she didn't want me to come to a decision too fast and later on regret it.

And while I respect her caution, I am as sure today as I was last night. I want 'Tiyya in every way possible — mentally, physically, sexually — and nothing would change my mind.
She wasn't just some sneaky link to me and if it was one thing I'm certain of in this life, it's her.

As I stood up to stretch, rubbing the back of my neck, the soreness in my body reminded me of the fight with Victor. My gaze shifted to the cuts on my knuckles that 'Tiyya had cleaned up last night.

No regrets. That nigga had it coming. He talk too much. I honestly wished he followed us out the club, I would have gave him another fade and showed him how this shit can really go, but I did enough so I wasn't tripping.

I went in the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before descending down our creaky wooden stairs, the aroma of Grandma's breakfast pulling me into the kitchen. Junior sat in front of the living room tv, eating and watching Gravity Falls.

"Morning granny," I greeted, receiving a warm smile in return. The clatter of pans and the sizzle of bacon filled the air as she worked her culinary magic.

"Looks like you had a late night, Kaleb," she remarked, her eyes twinkling with knowing wisdom. I sat down at kitchen island in front of her.

"Just some club drama," I replied, downplaying the chaotic events. No need to worry her more than necessary.

"Yeah, well while you under my roof, ain't no coming back in this house at 3 o'clock in the morning. People are crazy nowadays," she fussed.

I glanced at her, low-key stunned. I hadn't even realized she was awake when I returned. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I just got caught up..." I explained, my thoughts involuntarily drifting to the night spent with 'Tiyya.

"Mmmhm, was 'Tiyya there?"
"Yeah..."

"You just make sure you wrap it up! I don't want you bringing home no babies, she advised, prompting me to roll my eyes as she handed me ny plate. "Come on, Grandma, I'm about to eat!"

It was so weird hearing her speak about sex or anything related to it. "Boy hush up! I've been your age before and I know how things can go. You are far too young and got too much going for yourself to start having children. How do you think I had your daddy, your uncle, and your auntie?"