12. Kaleb

*not edited*
*PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END*
Let's get this chapter to over 100 comments shall we 🙂
—————-

Let me just start off by saying that, I was not in the mood for socializing at all. I thought that by coming to this party, I would be able to let some steam off. But as it turns out, I'm even more frustrated than I was before.

For obvious reasons of course. Number one being that 'tiyya was caked up with some dude in the pool right now and I hadn't gotten the chance to talk to her. And number two being that Jamie invited herself to this event with me and Vaughn, knowing good well I did not feel like being bothered.

Fortunately, within a few minutes of us being there, she had went off to explore and do her own thing with her sister.

Vaughn was god knows where, probably trying to push up on some girl, that girl most likely being Rickie.

I looked around the party to see if I could spot him anywhere and just like I said he would, he had Rickie sitting right in his lap.

I never could understand why he claimed he didn't want a relationship with her yet every time they were around each other, his actions told another story.

And Ricki fell for it every time.

I looked away and went back to sipping my drink, sitting under one of the cabanas.

"Why you just over here all long faced?" I heard Jamie's voice from behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder and turned back around. "I'm not long faced. I'm chilling."

"Nah, you definitely over here looking like a lost puppy." She laughed and sat down across from me. "Me and my sister rolled with you and you can't even entertain me."

"I didn't ask you to come. You just popped up like you usually do, remember." I glared.

She shrugged. "I was going anyway with Danielle, might as well go with you too."

I couldn't really concentrate on the conversation fully because my eyes were too busy diverting to Atiyya laughing with the dude in the pool.

"That's crazy." Jamie said out loud, startling me a little bit.
"What?"
"The bitch you got a crush on is Atiyya..." She scrunched her face up in disgust.

"Watch the bitch's and I don't got a crush on her."
"You've been sitting over here, damn near watching her like a hawk all night when you got my fine ass sitting in front you and you don't like her? I don't even think you believe you."

"Mind your business. What you making faces for anyway? Y'all got static?"

"Oh no, ion beef. I made that face cause she always in my way."

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious.

"I mean this is the second time a guy I've fucked with liked her. First Devin, now you." She folded her arms.
"I just told you I don't like her. We're just friends."
"Mhmm."

I took a short pause. "Devin likes her?"
Jamie looked at me as if I was proving her point. "Liked, as in past tense. I'm not sure if he still does."

"Well, maybe she wouldn't be in your way if you stopped getting around."

She gasped dramatically. "I can't help that you niggas are gullible. Y'all literally fall for every trick in the book and wonder why you keep getting finessed."

"Well, I ain't these other dudes out here so don't think that you're about to con me out of anything."

"I know." She stared for a few seconds before clearing her throat. "I see some people I'm cool with so I'll catch up with you later."