9. Atiyya

April in the m/m😍
*not edited, I'll do it tonight so I apologize in advance for any mistakes.
*COMMENT LIKE SHARE
*read the authors note
———————
June 8th, 2017

"Do you have your toiletries and stuff?" My mother pestered me.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes mama."
I was about to head over to my father's house for the weekend and she was acting brand new.

"Hey, watch your tone little girl. I'm just making sure you got everything since your ass is always finding a way to leave stuff behind."

I stale faced her and then after a few short seconds, nodded in agreement. She did have a point, I was very forgettable, even with packing a small bag.

"Here." She handed me my shower cap and bonnet off the dresser to put in my suitcase.

"Thank you." I said, grabbing the items and stuffing them on top of the clothes I had already packed.

I looked around the room to make sure I had gotten everything I needed.

"You all set?" She asked.
My eyes were still searching.
"Yeah, just need to zip this up."

I closed my luggage and took the bags off of the bed to take down stairs. My mother helped me.

"Now, please try to behave. I do not want your father calling me about your mouth."
She pleaded behind me as we made it to the living room area and she handed me one of my bags.

"I really don't understand what he expects."
I responded, taking the bag.

My father and I's relationship wasn't completely strained, but it definitely had its moments.

Around the time of my mother's pregnancy with me, my father basically stepped out on her with the woman who is now my step mother, Lauren. What started as a one night stand, ended in her being pregnant right along with my mother.

Of course when my mom found out, she was devastated, but after practically pleading and  begging to be forgiven, my father somehow got her to stay, at least for a few more years.

After trying to reconcile their marriage through counseling to fix what had been broken, they both realized that things would just never be the same. So my mother decided to finally file for divorce.

My dad didn't want to, but he saw that his wife wasn't happy anymore so he just let her go.

I think that's part of the reason why he went and married Lauren, as some sense of security because he was scared of being alone.

Anyways, for a long time, I was too young to understand why my sister, April, and I had two different mom's, but the same father and were so close in age. Her birthday was only a few months behind mine.

It wasn't until I got old enough that I learned to full story and started to somewhat resent my father for what he had done.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad, wholeheartedly. It's just that I couldn't comprehend how he could be such a, well....fuckboy.

A part of me felt like April kind of thought of her mom the same. It was embarrassing for her to know she was born into such a sticky situation. She didn't like knowing that the way she was conceived was through her mother sleeping with a married man. Even still, April had no choice but to bore unconditional love for the woman that birthed her.