'Yup. Diffidently'.

I frown, 'How exactly did it happen?'. I tuck some damp strands of hair behind my ear, 'I mean, you can't just have broken a dozen places because you weren't paying attention'.

She leans back on the door, 'You banged the door too loudly. I was sort of daydreaming and I just,' She looks around, as if searching for words, 'I jumped, and the plates fell from my hands'.

'It's fine', she adds quickly, noticing my disguised expression. 'I'm alright. Truly'.

I take a deep breathe, 'No, you're not. God, I'm so sorry'. I close my eyes and try to ignore the sinking feeling in my heart, 'I had a bad day, I was angry. It was not fair of me to bang the door that way'.

'I did banged it on purpose', I add, as she opens her mouth to defend me.

Shaking my head, I take a step towards her, 'It was my fault. God, I feel so horrible'.

She doesn't say anything. She reaches out for me and I  steps forward to let her hug me.

It's silly. Stop defending me. Stop fussing over me. I'm not a baby anymore.

She inhales  my secant, tightening her grip on me.

Please stop doing it. Stop pretending. Don't push me away. I'm so sorry.

A tear leaks out of my eye.

Why? Why do you do it? Why are you this way?

I step away and kiss her on her forehead.
'I won't do that again, Okay?'.

She shakes her head, 'You were angry. You had a bad day. You had to take it out'.

I almost smile, 'Funny how you don't'.

She doesn't say anything. Wiping the sweat from my forehead with her soft hand, she kisses me. Again and  again. Until I'm giggling like the ten years old me. And she's laughing too.

Heaving a sigh, she leans her forehead against mine, listening to my breathing.

'You've got such a silly Mama, Sarah'.

I smile, 'And you've got a silly daughter'.

'We make a good pair', she grins.

I open my mouth to say something, but the door bell rings loudly, cutting me off.

Frowning, I make my way to the door.

'Sarah', Mum calls out for me, 'Please don't frown don't way'.

I groan deeply, before taking a deep breathe and fixing my expression.

It's Sam. I blink a couple of times, because I can't really believe my eyes. He gives me a hopeful smile, 'Oh hey'.

I slam the door on his face. A peek from the window shows me his surprised face. Rolling my eyes, I ignore the constant 'Diiing doong', and turn to walk away, just as Mum hurries in the room, frowning.

'You told me not to frown that way'.

She ignores me. 'Why aren't you answering the door?'.

I hide my annoyance, 'Because it's Sam, trying to work out a stupid excuse to tell me'.

'And you're not gonna hear him out?'.

'Nope'.

She heaves a sigh, 'You're stubborn Sarah'.

I shrug, before making my way out of the hallway. The door opens. I stop, despite my anger, to hear what's  he's about to say.

'Er, she's not very happy with me huh?'.
That's his words. No 'Hey or Hello'. It's 'Sarah'.