Greening the Cube

Start from the beginning

"Yeah!" Pidge laughed, "And you would help me every time. Even though some inventions blew right up in our faces."

Everyone laughed at our conversations, except for Keith. His arms were crossed, but he had a small smile on his face.

He must still be thinking about the knife he has. I wish I could help him, but not even I can understand what rolls into his thinking mond sometimes.

Hunk groaned as something hit him in the side of the head. He reached up and saw that a blue ball of goo had hit him.

"What the..?" He said, we all looked around and saw more of the goo balls coming towards us.

Shiro looked down at his arm and pulled up his shield.

"All right, we're prepared for this." He said as we all summoned our shields, "Remember your rogue projectile cluster training from the Garrison. First we need a temporary shelt-" Shiro was cut off by one of the balls hit him on the back of the head.

"What?" He said in surprise, turning around to see Lance with his arm stretched out and wearing a sheepish smile.

"Oh, sorry Shiro. I was trying to hit Keith." Lance was then greeted by Keith throwing a ball straight at his face.

I turned and smiled at Keith, seeing that he also had a smile on his face.

"Like that?" Keith chuckled.

Hunk raised his hands and the balls he was holding, "Squishy asteroid fight!" He shouted.

Everyone was laughing and having fun with thr flying asteroids, but Pidge and I were more focused on the asteroids themselves.

Pidge hummed as she took one into her hand.

"I don't tgink these are asteroids." She said. I looked closer at the ball and nodded in agreement.

"You're right Pidge, I can sense that something is not normal about this substance."

"Coran, I'm gonna need a containment unit." Pidge said.

"Just a tick." Coran replied, beginning to send out a containment unit.

"They appear to be some hyper-resilient spore." Allura informed us.

I looked closer at the spore, watching it pulsate in an unfamiliar pattern.

"This bioluminescent pulsing doesn't seem natural," Pidge said, grabbing the containment unit that had been launched, "It appears to be programmed. I think it's a code."

Hunk turned away from the spore fight, "A code? From who?" He asked, turning back towards the fight after he was hit with another spore.

"I don't know," Pidge answered, "I mean, it makes no sense. You can't program a spore."

"Well, if anyone can figure it out, it's you Pidge." Shiro said before getting hit again with another spore.

"Yeah, Zurine will you help me?" I nodded.

"Yes, but before that, we all need to go in for decontamination." I said. We all flew back into the castle for decontamination.

We were first showered with water. Pidge jumping around, saying that it was hot.

Keith was still holding his arms crossed over his chest, even when the soap came in and filled the room with side.

The suds were drained away and water filled the room, submerging us underwater. I was floating near Keith.

"Is something wrong Keith?" I asked him, snapping him out of his thinking trance.

"I'm okay." He replied, "I'm just thinking about some things."