Ch. 49 - Ya Big Slut, Good For You!

It was the weirdest moment! I don't know what came over me!

Eve's fingers flew furiously on the screen of her iPhone as she lounged on the giant king sized bed in her guest suite. As promised, she was sending an update to her group chat with Auden and Ellison detailing the weird steamy moment she and Austin had shared at the pool.

Ellison: he's a hottie with a body, of course your primal urges kicked in.

Auden: you guys have chemistry, that's why you're so good at beer pong.

Eve cringed hard at Ellison's comment, but she couldn't entirely disagree.

Of course he's hot, we all know that. But what gets me is all this stuff I didn't know about him. Cornell!? He's super smart!!

Auden: you do love the smarties.

Ellison: Lord he's rich.

Eve chuckled at Ellison's conclusion, a true family trait.

His parents are insanely wealthy. And he's an architect, he's not doing too shabby either.

Auden: does he live with his parents?

Eve furrowed her brow.

Actually I never asked...

Ellison: that would make him a little less hot.

Auden: but barely.

I just don't know how to feel. Thea's comment about not being the camp bicycle is going around and around in my head. I seriously regret ever flirting with Zeke because apparently everyone remembers it.

Ellison: honestly, I had forgotten about it entirely LOL.

Auden: yeah same. 

That was little reassuring, but not enough to fully quell Eve's concerns,

I just don't want to earn a bad reputation.

Ellison: well whatever weird truce you have going on with Thea will certainly help. She and Aviana kept the camp rumor mill going.

Auden: yeah what IS that??

A deep feeling of guilt overcame Eve as she realized just how huge Thea's secret was. Ellison and Auden would be LIVID once Thea had to fess up.

I just don't want to waste my time on some stupid rivalry when I could instead be destroying Zayne.

Ellison: amen to that.

Eve blew out a small sigh of relief, having successfully steered the conversation away from Thea.

Ellison: so are you going to hook up with Austin or what?

Auden: or just make out with him? are you bored?

Ellison: bored make out sessions are kind of your brand.

Eve was a little indignant.

You two are the worst.

Ellison: she's gonna do it, Audie. YA BIG SLUT GOOD FOR YOU!

I'm going to bed. Goodnight, ya nosy bitches.

Eve threw her phone onto the nightstand without even bothering to plug it in. Ellison's evaluation of Eve's tendency toward bored make out sessions wasn't entirely off the mark, but she didn't need to be so crass about it. Eve simply avoided complicated romantic entanglements and kept things casual by choice. Only Maverick had ever made her question that boundary, only to go and reaffirm it days later, so she was pretty committed to casual. Eve ran her fingers over the plush blanket topping a mattress, crafted from freaking clouds by the hands of angels, and relaxed back into the pillows. She had just begun to drift off when a subtle knock at her door roused her. Groaning, she peeled herself from the comfort of heaven and padded barefoot toward the suit entrance.