30 ~ to accommodate her

Start from the beginning

"But Chaeyoung doesn't have any parents." Lisa blurted out. She regretted it but held her head high. She was more worried about Chaeyoung.

"Well that actually makes a lot of sense." Principle Jeon said before turning his attention to Chaeyoung. "But unfortunately, it doesn't really matter."

Ami was now going red in the face. Just like Lisa. Sandara too looked taken back by his demeanor.

"I simply cannot allow Park Chaeyoung to attend this school any longer."

Lisa felt her heart drop, eyes widen, and hands grow cold. There was no way she could let that happen.

"I thought you were supposed to be someone who looked out for the students? Yet you want to kick her out." Lisa whispered.

"You don't think I've tried to help her with her addiction? I've had countless meetings with her over it and nothing would ever change."

"Principle Jeon?" Sandara suddenly spoke.

"Yes Nurse Park?"

"How come I've never met with Chaeyoung?"

Everyone looked at each other before turning their gaze to him. He seemed a little taken back.

"Well... it didn't seem important."

"I'm sorry but what?" Ami said. "A student whose parents cannot be contacted, who's struggling with addiction, didn't seem important?"

"Well I-"

"Are you a father?" Ami suddenly interrupted.

"Uh, Yes. I am."

"That's hard to believe seeing how you completely disregard Chaeyoung like she's nothing."

Crap. Momma snapped.

"I cannot stand you. You are refusing allowing me and my daughter, people who actually care for her, to be an emergency contact."

He went to talk but Ami didn't let him.

"I am not asking to have her signed over. I am simply asking to be someone who can come in for her. To call in her absences or tardinesses, like today."

Ami continued. She wasn't yelling but she did have a tone to her voice now.

"I am upset that no one has cared about her well being for all these years. I understand that you say you've spoken with her but it obviously seems like you've scared her more than helped her."

Ami looked down to Chaeyoung whom Lisa felt slightly shaking in her hand.

"I ask that you not kick her out of school, not while we're helping her. Not after she finally has people in her life."

"You're helping her?" He questioned. His tone surprisingly calm.

"Yes. She's no longer using substances."

He glanced from Ami, to Lisa, then down to Chaeyoung. He thought long for a moment. "I will allow her to remain in school." Principle Jeon finally said.

"You may also have your emergency contact info imported over." He nodded to the woman behind the desk who quickly sat and began typing.

"There is one thing though. If she uses anything, on this campus again, she will be expelled." Principle Jeon stated.

Ami nodded in agreement. "Thank you." She bowed. Lisa did as well. And surprisingly Chaeyoung from behind her.