Chapter Thirty-Seven

Jaxon stood staring out the window in the Arcane building watching as people walked around, they were safe from the infected. He looked higher seeing the beautiful silver wall that they had built surrounding the city to keep them safe but what they really needed, was the cure. Deep down, one of those immunes, they were the answer, their blood was the answer to everything.
When Damon returned from his mission, he knew Damon would fail but they were a lot closer in capturing the immunes then he thought.
He knew that the Fireflies had won this round but little did they know, Jaxon had men within their base waiting for the right time to strike. People that they would not expect and that thought alone was enough for Jaxon to finally crack a smile.
He turned around to return to his desk to have another look at profiles, soon all the immunes would be back within his grasp and the Fireflies will be no more. At long last.
"Lost the battle," Jaxon mutters picking up Subject A7's profile and took her photo out. He liked this one, Subject A7... Avery... he still could not believe that this little pretty thing had come from someone like him.
Her innocent blue eyes with a hint of fire within them, silky blonde hair and how rosy her lips were... his smirk widened at all the thoughts that came into his head. "But I'll win the war."