Chapter Twenty-Two

Nick's POV

Nick and Hunter decided to split from Bronson and Tegan to cover more ground, Tegan and Bronson decided to go ahead to check out the ruined buildings not too far from Arcane whereas Nick and Hunter decided to visit an old friend in one of the old still in use towns.
When it came into view, the night was beginning to fall which was lucky for them and Nick's stomach rumbled.
"We literally just had a break and ate something," Hunter says giving him a look. "How are you still hungry?"
"I'm always hungry," Nick says and grins evilly. "I'm hungry for other things too."
Hunter rolls his eyes trying to hide that cute smile of his.
"Nick, there is a time and place."
Nick chuckled.
"Think they'll be here?" Nick asks him.
"Of course, Brandon will do anything for Dylan... which is why I don't understand why Tegan was adamant on checking the ruins near Arcane."

"Probably wanted to shoot more guards," Nick replies. "She did look bored when we met up with them."
They reached the town, people huddled together with their loved ones for warmth. The lights were up which was good because, without them, they'd be in complete and total darkness. They reached the bar to see a party going on, Nick always loved these kinds of party and back when they came here a lot he'd tried to get Hunter to dance with him.

But right now, they had a job to do and that was to search for their friends.
"I'll search through the crowds, you find Brandon," Hunter says. Nick nods and turns to make his way to the bar where Brandon would usually hang out at this time. As he moved, people were finding their hands all over his body, he clenched his jaw trying to ignore it. When he reached the bar, he saw Kaiden.
"Yo!" Nick waves to get to his attention. Kaiden glances over and walks over.
"Well, well if it isn't Nicky!" they grasp each other's hands. "How've you been?"
"Same old same old," Nick responds grinning.
"Want the usual?"
"Nah, I'm looking for Brandon. Where is he?"
Kaiden rolls his eyes. "He's popular today. Surprised you didn't arrive with Dylan though, you guys on separate missions or something?"
Nick's ears pricked up. "What?"
Kaiden looks confused. "Uh... Dylan is here."
"Was he with a girl?" Nick asks, his heart racing.
Kaiden nods.
"Where are they?"
"I don't know," Kaiden says. "Been busy."
"They should still be here!" Nick grins. "Thanks, Kaiden!"
Nick runs off without another word to Kaiden who was left stumped at his weirdness and goes to find Hunter who was speaking to someone. A red-haired man.
"Hunter! They're here!"
"I know, Angus was just telling me about it," Hunter says who was also grinning.
Angus, nods. "All right, come with me. Brandon will be seeing them shortly so you arrived on time."
Angus led the way, they had to push through some of the dancers to reach the stairs. Nick gripped onto the back of Hunter's jacket only letting go when they got to the stairs, they walked up seeing some younger people passed out or passionately making out. The reached a door and Angus opened it.
"Brandon will be here soon," Angus reminds them. "And hopefully by tomorrow, you'll be able to go back to your homes."
"Thanks," Nick says while Hunter ignored Angus and walked in.

Dylan was there in an instant engulfing Hunter into a hug.
"Glad to see your ugly face," Dylan says pulling back.
"Ditto," Hunter responds.

"Took us a while," Nick says grinning giving Dylan a hug. "You have to tell us what happened to you!"
"Shit man, it's a long story," Dylan says smiling. "But first, do you have something to contact Vincent?"

"No, Tegan had the walkie talkie, both her and Branson went to check out the ruins to find you."
Nick noticed that Avery sat on the couch with her hands covering her face, Nick left Hunter and Dylan to speak as he went to check on Avery.
"Hey Avery," he says softly kneeling down in front of her. She slowly looked up, her eyes were glowing but around it he could see that they were red and puffy from crying.
He wanted to ask her why her eyes were glowing but that is probably the last thing she wanted to do, was answer questions that were out of her reach. So he stayed at the simple ones.
"Are you okay?"
She looks so sad it hurt to see it.
"Brandon says I'll be fine, I just need to wait for it to get out of my system."
"Get what?"
"I was drugged," she says and pointed to her eyes. "That's why they won't stop glowing." She pointed to the dark haired boy next to her, Nick did not even notice him until now. "His eyes won't stop either."
"Who is he?" Nick asks.
"That's Colin," she says. "He followed us from Arcane, he is immune... someone drugged us, Nick."
Nick smiled. "You remembered my name."
Avery shuddered as if she remembered something.
"What's wrong," he asks.
"I saw you..."
He frowned confused, someone came up beside him and looks up to see Hunter.
"How are they?" he asks.
"I don't know about him," he motions to Colin "but she's talking to me."
Dylan quickly sits down beside Avery grabbing her hand, Nick blinked at his friend's motions but decided to ask about it later.
"Avery?" Dylan asks.
"I saw you..." she was still speaking to Nick. "I saw Noah... I saw Linda..."
"Where?" Hunter asks.
"Noah was taken to Arcane... Nick was infected... Linda wants me..." she finally stops staring at Nick and looks at Dylan suddenly looking terrified. "Please don't let her take me!"
"I won't," Dylan says, "I promise."
She nods seemingly to believe him before leaning against his shoulder.
Hunter taps Nick on the shoulder.
"Can we talk for a minute?" Hunter asks him.
"Sure," Nick says.
He got up and followed Hunter to the balcony so they could talk alone. Hunter leaned against the railings looking out into the night, Nick did the same thing but his eyes were on Hunter who seemed lost in thought. Nick had a feeling that Hunter wanted to talk about what happened with Dylan and Avery's little adventure but as well as what she was talking about, they were all delusions on the drug that was given to her and not true.
"I won't let that happen," Hunter says pulling Nick from his thoughts.
"What?"
Hunter looks at Nick. 

"I won't let that happen..."