Chapter Fourteen

Noah's POV

Noah was struggling to stop himself from screaming at the pain of being shot in the leg, Vincent had thrown him over his shoulder as if he weighed nothing. They reached the bathroom and Dylan shuts the door shoving something metal through the handles. Vincent sets down Noah, Avery was quick to lead him her strength to hold him up. Dylan was over in the corner and pulls the open drain and revealing an awful stench. Noah scrunched up nose.
"All right, hop in," Dylan smiles. He actually smiled? How on earth was he expecting Noah to go into there where his wound would most likely get infected?
Nick was about to go first but Hunter stops him and climbs in first. Nick followed him soon after. Vincent jumped down and reached up for him. Noah really tried his best but a cry of pain escaped his lips.
"Easy," Avery tells him. She sounded soft and was the only one who tried to be gentle with him.
Once he was in the sewers, Vincent passes him back to Nick and Hunter.
"Avery, you're next" he heard Dylan say. He waited for Avery to jump down but the doors started banging. Dylan drops the cover looking away.
"AV-" Nick covers Noah's mouth.
"Shh.. they don't know we're down here," Nick whispered.
They could hear that the doors were forced open.
"Check in there!" someone shouts.
We could not do anything except wait and listen.
Gunshots started happening, Noah desperately wanted to shout for Avery but Nick kept his hand firmly over his mouth.
"They're here!" someone shouts.
Avery screams Vincent's eyes widened looking like he was about to jump up there himself.
"Avery?" that was Dylan's voice.
"I'm fine!" she calls back.
That was all Vincent needed to hear.
"Right," he whispers harshly. "Get a move on, we'll have to meet up with them another way."
Vincent was a really big guy, he took Noah from the two boys who took the lead.
"I'm sorry," Noah tells the bigger guy.
"You got shot in the leg," Vincent says, "just keep your mouth shut as much as you can and we'll get some assistance to fix that leg up, okay?"
Noah nods. It really stunk down here.
We reached a path and Nick pulls out two flashlights, he gave on to Hunter and the continued forward. It was disgusting, cold and wet. Noah was glad he put shoes on as there appeared to be shit in the water as well.
We came to a part with two ways to go, Nick looked left and Hunter looked right.
"I think it's this way," they both said at the same time.
Vincent was not amused. "Which way?" he harshly spoke to the two boys.
"This way," they both said again.
"This isn't going to work," Noah manages to say, he was trying so hard to not breath. "Just go the way you picked and come back."
Vincent again did not look amused but did not say anything as the two boys went their separate ways.
"How's the leg?" Vincent asks him.
"Burning," he replies. Vincent nods. "We will get it fixed, don't worry."
Vincent and Noah waited a few minutes occasionally looking back to make sure they were not being followed before sloshing sound of water coming from the right.

Hunter returned before Nick did look a little ticked off and slightly embarrassed.
"Nick's right, that's a dead end," he mutters and we follow the way Nick went and who happened to be coming back.
"I think it's this way," he says pointing behind him.
"Oh shut it," Hunter growls. Nick really did not struggle at all with keeping the grin off his face.

They continued forward until they reached a ladder.
"I'll go first," Hunter says and climbs up. He opened the door and peeks out. He looked around before looking down. "All clear, we're outside."
Hunter climbs up and Nick follows in pursuit.
"Remember, keep your mouth shut," Vincent tells Noah. "It's going to bloody hurt."
Noah took a deep breath, instantly regretting it due to the foul smell and taste and nods and begins to climb. With every movement of his leg, Noah fought the urge to scream. He pressed his lips together tightly under Hunter grabbed him and pulled him up. He was sweating so much he thought he would slip and fall into the stinky water.
Noah gasped for air as Hunter dragged him from the drain.
"Easy mate," Hunter says patting him on the shoulder.
Nick was nowhere to be seen.
"Where is Nick?" he asks as Vincent climbs up and fixed the door to the drain.
"Getting the car," Hunter was the one who answers.