Trust ♥︎ Miya Atsumu

Start from the beginning

Soon, a voice interrupted the loud chatter and thus, the training camp began. 

Time Skip

"Hey 'Tsumu, I'm just going to go buy a drink before dinner," you lied, glancing nervously at Atsumu to see if he had caught on. "Anything you want?"

"Mmm, nah not really," he answered, still studying the map of the dormitories they had been given just before they left the gym. He dug around in his pocket before passing you a couple of coins. 

"Go treat yourself (y/n)," he smiled gently at you, before going back to the map and still wondering where the hell was his room. 

You pecked his cheek before leaving and going to find the same dark-haired boy you had spotted before. Just as you rounded the corner to the vending machine, you spotted the boy and quickly ran to him from behind, giving him a warm hug. Panicked, the boy had dropped his milk box and gave a small shriek of surprise. Whipping his head back in anger, his eyes soften as he saw who the idiot was who had thought it would have been a good idea to sneak up on someone. 

"(y/n)-chan," he grumbled, picking his milk box up from the ground and dusting it. 

"You know you've missed me Kageyama-kun," you grinned happily at him. "It's been ages since we've seen each other, surely a warm hug was sufficient?" 

Kageyama sighed to himself. He had met you at Kitagawa Daiichi, as you were in his class in his graduating year. At first, he hadn't gotten along with you - both of you were plain opposites. While he was a rather arrogant perfectionist, you instead were more carefree and got along with most of your classmates. By the end of the year, you became close due to the shared interest of volleyball. However, your father had gotten a new job in the Hyogo, meaning you had to move away from Miyagi. As sad as it was, you had promised to keep in contact with him, sending him random texts and pictures constantly, even doing it till today. 

"I had a feeling you were going to be here Kageyama-kun," you said as you inserted the coins into the machine. 

"The infamous 'King of the Court'" you teased, earning yourself a dirty look. "I mean, you're literally one of the best setters in high school, except you're definitely not going to beat Atsumu," boasting proudly about your boyfriend. 

"Atsumu?" Kageyama questioned. Right. You hadn't told him that Atsumu was your boyfriend. 

"Miya Atsumu," you clarified, "he's the number one best setter in high school, won the Best Server award too in middle school and plus," you turned to Kageyama and fangirling a little, "he's my boyfriend," 

"B-b-boyfriend?" Kageyama stuttered, blushing furiously. 

"I know right! I didn't think he would like me back, I joined as the team's member because of him," you grumbled. You weren't going to join the girls' volleyball team, despite your years of playing the middle school's girls team. However, a certain blonde boy had caught your eye on club day at the volleyball stall, arousing a certain curiosity in you. Eventually, you were brave enough to join as their team manager, after weeks of persuasion and showing off your skills. At first, they were reluctant to give you the position; they've had countless girls joining only to flirt around with the team members. Yet, you showed potential and perhaps more, allowing you to join as team manager. 

"I'm happy for you," Kageyama said quietly, looking back at his milk box before popping the straw in and drinking it. 

"I'm happy too," you sighed, "'Tsumu is actually really kind and caring behind that arrogant and selfish facade," you looked at your watch, eyes widening at how late it had become.