The Consequences Of A New Year...

It was New Year's, and I was preparing the bathroom for the night's festivities. All of the people I had met over the last few months would all be coming to celebrate the New Year with me. I was putting up lanterns and cleaning the bathtub when Wakasa asked a question that really didn't help. "What'll we eat tonight?" Oh no. I forgot food!

I ran out and bought everything that I would need to make a couple of food plates and sped back, racing through the mixture to Takoyaki and then made up a cheese platter and a couple of other bits and pieces. I had bought fizzy lemonade for everyone to drink, but I had a sneaking suspicion that Takasu would be bringing alcohol of some kind.

At exactly 5, Maki and Mikuni arrived and made themselves at home in the bathtub with Wakasa. I got out all of the food platters and put them on the side of the bathtub. I also got out a bottle of Aquari for Mikuni, and apparently Maki, whom drank some out of the cap.

We listened to music and talked for about an hour, before trying yet again to play Old Maid. This time, only Wakasa was confused, but he watched the rest of us play intently, like a puppy watching some children on a swing. How adorable. The puppy, not Wakasa.

At 9, Takasu arrived by jumping in through the window. I never understand him. Why can't he enter by the door like the others? I was right about him bringing alcohol. He had brought a few beers for the others to share while we chatted. We played a few games, watched a little TV and tried to play poker. Somehow, Wakasa and Takasu were playing Cups while we did this. Cups is a fake game from Friends. How they even learnt of this game is unknown, nor how they could play it. Especially seeing as it was a made-up game with fake rules!

Finally, at midnight we counted down the New Year together. It has definitely been weird living with a merman, and dealing with all his friends, but fun.

Thank you all for reading about my ridiculous life with a Merman. Goodbye. Thank you all for reading! The Next Chapter is a simple disclaimer (because I forgot one at the start...), so you don't have to read it. I just want to thank you all for reading this book, and that I will be back. So yeah, goodbye for now, and I will see you all soon!