The Consequences of Christmas With A Merman...

A month passed, and soon Christmas was approaching. Wakasa was getting more and more antsy every passing day.

Then, about a week before Christmas, a postman arrived with a package. On the package was Wakasa's name and one of the magazine addresses.
"Wakasa!" I called as walked into the bathroom. "Package for you!" Wakasa grinned from ear to ear, and said grin only got bigger when he saw the package. He grabbed the package and then asked for dinner. I sighed and walked away.

Later that day, I went out to go and find a Christmas present for Wakasa. The others had all agreed that we would celebrate New Year's together, so all I needed to do was find a present for Wakasa. I wondered if Wakasa was going to get me a Christmas present. He might give me meat for Christmas!

I chuckled, and looked in at one of the windows. In the display was a water-proof phone. I grinned. The phone was on special, and it seemed perfect for the overly friendly Wakasa. That night, I wrapped his present and then went in to say goodnight.

Wakasa was snoozing slightly, a brightly wrapped present placed near the bathtub, underneath a plastic box. How sweet. He wrapped something up for me, and even went to the trouble of making sure it wouldn't get wet.

Christmas day came at last. I woke up early and put Kasumi's Christmas presents under the tree for when she came around later. I added a present for my mother and father, even though they wouldn't come. And then I went to go and wake Wakasa up. It seemed like this year, I would spend a lot of my Christmas in the bathroom.

Wakasa was ecstatic to see me.
"Merry Christmas!" he cheered, and handed me the gift from under the plastic box. I smiled and gently unwrapped it. It was a large grey scarf, one of the prizes from Wakasa's postcard raffle that I had liked. He had entered in it for me! I smiled sweetly as Wakasa put the scarf around my neck gently.
"Thank you," I mumbled, and handed him his present. He was overjoyed to have the phone. "Now you can ring me when you have a problem."
"Thank you so much!" he grinned.

He rang my phone about twenty times that day.