The Consequences of Octopus Massages...

Takasu had been acting weirdly. That was, until washing day.

I had just opened the washing-machine to put in the clothes when Takasu flung himself out of the bathtub and towards the open washing-machine, thrusting his head in and going very red. I stared, dumbfounded.

"Ah, yes. Takasu has a thing for tight, dark places. He is an Octopus after all." I still couldn't speak.

Then, I began to laugh.

"Hey, Takasu!" I cried "Do you want me to spin you?!" The washing-machine was an older model that could be run with the door open. Takasu's reply was muffled by the washing-machine, so I spun him, still laughing my head off.

It took ten minutes to get Takasu out of the washing-machine and back into the bathtub. He sighed, sad. But, that didn't matter to me because I finally was able to get the clothes washed.

About half an hour later, I was taking a shower when I accidentally let my thoughts slip out of my mouth.

"How long is Takasu going to stay?" I wondered, and Takasu heard me. His face became sad.
"So Wakasa can stay but I can't? Why?" I tried to stammer my way out of the pickle, but Takasu was very sad.
"Look, you can stay as long as you need a home, for now." I stammered, and that made him overjoyed, which was worse.

He suddenly sent his tentacles flying out at me, and slid all over me, and then the suction-cups began to stick to my skin. They went all over, from my neck to my foot, and I seriously thought that this was harassment. But he then suddenly stopped, grinned and left through the window. I was covered in suction-cup marks, and felt surprisingly relaxed, considering the circumstances.

"So?" I looked at Wakasa, confused. "What did you think of Takasu's massage?" he asked.

"M-massage?" I stammered, and then drooped over the bathtub wall. Wakasa patted my back in sympathy.
"They seem wrong when you first have one, but he takes care not to touch..." I cut him off, and ran back into the main household.

That was enough.