The Consequences Of My Evening Walk...

I had never imagined that I would meet a merman. In fact, I didn't even believe in such things until I quite literally met one.

My name is Tatsumi, and I live alone in the great city of Kyoto. I am still in high school, working part time in the city, which is so much fun. Note the sarcasm.

All this began when I went for a short stroll along the river that runs near my apartment. It was dusk and quiet as I walked along. That was, until I saw what looked like a man, thrown against the riverbank. My curiosity peaked, I curiously walked over.

"Water..." croaked the figure, who looked to be 18, with long blonde hair and no shirt. I tried to ignore his odd lack of clothes, and helped him onto my back. He was very slimy and he didn't sit well.
"Can you adjust your legs? I can't carry you if you don't adjust your legs!" I cried. All that I got in reply was a slight bump from what he assumed to be the man's legs. 

It wasn't until I got home that I realised it. The man that I was carrying had no legs! Instead, the man had a long, silver tail! I jumped, practically dropped the man onto the floor. He cried out in pain.
"OI!" he yelped "Don't do that again please!" I was very surprised. He spoke again. "Put me in water please, or I'll dry out and die!"

Without thinking, I picked him up, now careful of his tail, and chucked him into my bathtub, quickly turning on the water.

When I stepped back, I finally realised that there was a merman in my bathtub. And on top of that, he was taking up all of the bathtub.
"Well, can I live here?" the merman suddenly asked with a blank expression.
"Err... Um..." I stammered. Unsure."Please don't make me go back to the river!" cried the merman. "It was so terrible! I got caught in reeds and seaweed! And I was tossed onto the riverbank!" he pleaded with me, I sighed, and reluctantly give in..

"By the way, my name is Wakasa, what's yours?" he stated

"Tatsumi." I replied.

And so I began to live with a merman freeloading in my bathtub. Little did I know, that this would change my life forever...