The Consequences of A Curious Merman...

Wakasa was splashing about in the bathtub as usual when...

"HELP!!" I ran to the bathroom to find Wakasa being sucked down the toilet! I groaned.
"What did you do?" I asked, looking at him in confusion.
"I thought that I could use this like a whirlpool, but I started getting sucked down the drain. I'm stuck."
"You'll need a bath after this, because that's a toilet. And that is where we humans... um... dispel excess waste..." I lost myself trying to explain the concept of going to the toilet to Wakasa, but I eventually pulled myself back into reality and grabbed hold of his hands.

"One! Two! Three!" I shouted and began heaving Wakasa out of the toilet.
But there was a problem. His tail had been jammed in pretty deep, and it was near impossible to move him.
"What...were...you...doing?" I grunted in between pulling in vain.
"I told you, I was trying out your whirlpool." He confessed. I sighed again.

About half an hour later, I gave up. Letting Wakasa go, I walked out of the bathroom and towards the kitchen.
"Where are you going?!" Wakasa wailed "Don't leave me!"

I pretended to ignore him and continued walking away.

About a minute later I returned with a bottle of olive oil. Wakasa understood immediately what I was thinking.
"Oh... I see." He nodded.

I poured the entire bottle into the toilet, and then I whistled loudly. In through the window came Takasu! The Octo-person grinned.
"Whatcha gotten yerself into this time?" he grinned, and then turned to Wakasa. "Oh. I see." He just managed to say before bursting out in laughter.

It took several minutes to quell Takasu's laughter, and another two to explain the situation to him, but eventually he understood, and wrapped his tentacles around Wakasa. I went and grabbed onto Wakasa's arms.

We pulled and pulled and pulled, and then with a 'Pop!' Wakasa flew out of the toilet, and landed on top of us with a squish.

I spent the next two weeks washing off all of the germs. Wakasa, meanwhile, didn't do a thing.

Several weeks later, I was fixing dinner when I heard a splosh and a cry for help. This time, I ignored it.