The Consequences Of The Birds...

With winter rolling in, Wakasa decided to watch some horror movies.

 Now, I know what you're thinking: no big deal. Wakasa might get frightened, cry a little and annoy you. No major harm done, moving on... but wait just a moment.

Wakasa was watching a horror movie. Wakasa is a merman with a weird fanatical need to watch TV, but he is as afraid of his own shadow as he is of a nuclear apocalypse. Absolutely terrified. Normally, we don't see that because of his fun personality, but it can get annoying. Like the time he started screaming his head off in the middle of the night because he saw a 'ghost' in the bathroom. Said ghost was Duck-san on the windowsill.

So, there Wakasa was, watching a scary movie. I think it was 'The Birds' but hey, I got no clue. I was out shopping for this week's dinner. As he watched this movie, he was overcome by sheer terror, and, thinking that I might be dead, slithered out of the bathtub looking for me!

"Tatsumi! Are you okay? Where are you?" the merman called out. He had somehow made his way to my lounge-room, and was flopping around on the floor in between my couch and the wall.
"Oh no! How do I get back to the bathtub?!" Wakasa then panicked, all common sense leaving him as he flailed around on the floor.

When I get home, I find a drying Wakasa laid out on my lounge-room with a large trail of water and destruction leading from there to the bathroom.
"Wakasa... what happened?" I was seething.
"I was watching a scary movie, and I got so worried. I thought I heard a scream and thought that you'd... that you'd died!" I sighed. I couldn't stay mad at him for that, and so I hoisted the merman up and plonked him back into the bathtub.

Case solved, right? Wrong. I took his TV for a week afterwards.