🌹Chapter-One🌹

(For any first time readers....This story is a sequel to Heartbreak....please read Heartbreak before reading this story...If your liking the story please don't forget to vote...Many thanks 👍👍⚘⚘💖💖)

(Author's Note: Warning in advance... This is a slow paced story....editing is not my strongest point.... there will be some ups and downs. A few leaps....some boring bits to pull the story together...but we'll do it together please be patient with me. I'm just an avid fan of the series Erkenci Kus , I don't own any of the character's just the ones I have made up and included. Comments and feedback is much appreciated. Many thanks 💖💖⚘⚘)

Three Months Later

The phone rang at the exact time every evening at 7pm....however today she was late....40 minutes late. Layla was pacing in her room...back and forth... why hadn't she rung...this wasn't like her.

Emre was coming to pick her up in a while; Layla had thought she would have finished her daily conversation with her sister before he arrived.

The ringing of the phone broke into her thought's....Oh God rubbing her hand over her face. Picking it up...to a very lively and excited Sanem.

"Abla I'm sorry... I'm late...how are you...Mum, Baba..."

"Everyone's fine...where were you Sanem, I was worried."

"Oh Abla...I'm fine, everything is fine. I've told you over and over there's nothing to worry about."

Ever since finding out about Sanems pregnancy Layla has been worried at the slightest thing...if she was late calling...didn't answer her phone...anything and everything worried her.

"We're all well, I was just going to ring you...ring Yousef."

Sanem continued, "We'll thanks for asking Abla...but my day was wonderful. We were over at the set today. It was just great watching everything going on."

A book that had been published by Sanem office had been picked up and was now being turned into a movie.

"You know you have to watch out for yourself, not over doing things. I know how you are."

"Abla I'm not ill, I'm still active and healthy. I'm happy; I can't just sit at home and twiddle my thumbs all day. Abla I thought that may be this would be me one day, my book turned into a movie."

"Of course it will be love. How's it coming along?

"Good I'm nearly there, just need's a bit more work and then it's going to editing."

Since arriving, Sanem had barely given herself time to think. Putting pen to paper she had completed her first book in no time at all.

The book had been picked up immedietly by the publishers. Sanem's first book has been an amazing success in just a short while. It was a best seller and Sanem's unique style of writing had captivated the publisher so much that she was given a book deal for a further three books... she was currently working on her second book.

She could now afford to live comfortably....she was never in it for the money...it was her passion.

Of course the money did help... she was now in a position to help her parents. After a lot of arguments and refusals from her parents she had set up an account for them.
They had worked very hard for so many years, she wanted them to relax and enjoy life, pursue their hobbies.

Her Baba was a keen Gardner and her Mum now had more time on her hands to try out new recipes...with Ayhans help she had started her own small cooking business....and was giving cooking classes on the weekend...which kept her busy.

They had still kept their shop it was too sentimental...with too many memories for them to give up. They now hired someone to run it, Nihat checking in every so often.

Layla still worked at the company. A few weeks ago she mentioned that she was seeing Emre again. She had told Sanem hesitantly, thinking it would upset her.

"Abla how could you think that I wouldn't be happy for you."

"It's not that Sanem, I didn't want to upset you."

"What? You think your happiness would upset me."

Since she told her about Emre there has being a tone of happiness in her voice.

But tonight something was up...she sounded off....

"How's mom and dad?" Sanem asked again.

"They're are fine, Mom's getting dinner ready."

"Abla they will come round won't they?"

"Of course they will, just give them time...I promise."

"Abla is everything ok, you don't sound yourself."

"Of course Sanem, well its just...It's just about the off limit subject."

"Pfft... Abla there's is nothing to discuss there."

"Layla. Emre is here love." Layla Quickly covered the receiver so Sanem couldn't hear.

"Ok. I will be down in a minute."

But she heard her mother's call."It's late Abla..."

"Listen, Sanem...I know you don't want him mentioned but...I don't know how to say this...so I'm just going to say it...its Can's engagement tonight."

(Please don't forget to vote... Even the silent readers...comments and feedback is much appreciated. Many thanks👍👍⚘⚘💖💖.)