XII | Damsel in Distress

Start from the beginning

The moment Alexander dragged Isabelle out, he immediately reached to press her abdomen.

As he applied pressure, Isabelle continuously spat out water. She gradually came back to her senses. With her eyes shut, she began recalling how she had fallen into the water.

Everything had happened too fast and the people nearby couldn't detect any loopholes. But as the victim, she distinctly remembered her heel breaking before she had fallen into the pool. There was no other reason other than foul play for her heel to break on flat ground. Someone must have been trying to humiliate her.

The time Alexander had taken to bring Isabelle up was less than two minutes, so she was in no danger. However, she remained pale and unconscious even after spitting out water.

Alexander frowned, anxiety and fear flashing in his eyes, He reached out and tapped Isabelle's face lightly, but she remained motionless. Instead, her body was trembling uncontrollably. Alexander clenched his lips. Not caring about the crowd, he took a deep breath before lowering his head, aiming for Isabelle's lips.

The more the people wanted to watch her humiliate herself, the more she would not let them get their wishes.

Now that she was filming and had accidentally fallen into the water, she would change this incident into something exciting!

In the script, the second male lead was already interested in the second female lead. Hence, if she fell into the water, he would definitely save her... Isabelle's long lashes trembled slightly as she thought of her next line. Slowly, she opened her eyes. The cold from the water caused her to tremble, making it difficult for her to speak.

With a trembling voice, she said, "I did it because I like you, but I promise never to do it again. Can you forgive me?"

~*~

When Alexander had carried Isabelle out of the water, someone had already snapped out of his daze and shouted out anxiously, "Someone fell into the water!"

With the person's voice, the director was also shaken out of his shock. Taking his speaker, he was about to shout for towels when Isabelle's voice sounded.

"I did it because I like you, but I promise never to do it again. Can you forgive me?"

In that instance, the director stopped his original actions, looking into the screen intently.

When Alexander first heard Isabelle's voice, he was puzzled. He looked into the girl's dark eyes for five whole seconds before realizing that she was still acting.

Falling into the water was not an incident but part of her act?

Alexander suppressed his concern, studying Isabelle. After confirming that she was alright, anger washed over him.

She was sacrificing her life just to act? She had just recovered from a cold and now jumped into the freezing pool... And she couldn't even swim. What if no one saved her in time.

Alexander's expression turned cold, emitting an overpowering pressure. He looked at Isabelle. Lifting one corner of his lips, he laughed coldly and tossed her out of his arms. With an anger that he couldn't suppress, he stood up and stormed off.

Together with Alexander's departure, the director shouted a satisfied "cut" before instructing the crew, "Hurry, bring some towels to Miss Davis and Mr. Smith."

The crew hurriedly brought towels and fresh clothes over to Isabelle and Alexander.

When the crew brought a towel over to Alexander, he stared at them furiously. The crew was too scared to say a word, stumbling backwards before his assistant took the towel. The man passed it to Alexander daringly, saying carefully, "Mr. Smith, wipe yourself down before you catch a cold."Alexander snatched the towel from his assistant and tossed it onto the floor roughly before entered his resting area with a gloomy expression. Taking his phone and wallet, he was about to leave the set when he saw Camila helping Isabelle dry her hair. He hesitated for a while before starting to walk in her direction.