Twenty-Nine

After getting Chance to agree to wait outside my room, Anders quickly put on some clothes, and I fixed mine along with my hair before opening the door and leading both men downstairs

After getting Chance to agree to wait outside my room, Anders quickly put on some clothes, and I fixed mine along with my hair before opening the door and leading both men downstairs. Chance sat on the recliner, and I started to sit on the end of the other couch before Anders grabbed me, so I was sitting on his lap. I shot him a look where he just winked and kissed my shoulder. I turned back to look at Chance who looked thoroughly confused.

"Harmoni, I'm fucking confused, discombobulated. Every fucking thing under the sun. I thought you hated him." Chance started. "I mean, is this why you were blowing me off? Because of him?"

"Wait, you were blowing him?" Anders asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He's talking about our plans," I explained before looking over at Chance. "And I wasn't blowing off our plans for him. I barely see him as is. And don't act like we don't hang out often. He thinks I spend too much time with you."

"That's not something I wanted you to blurt out to your friend," Anders mumbled from behind me. I rolled my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me that y'all made up? What are you two together?" I stalled for a second before nodding. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Well, it's a secret," Anders muttered. "There would be too many problems if everyone knew. Our families would disapprove. Either one of us would have to make a crucial decision for either our job or our schooling and to make things easier; we have to keep it a secret." He explained.

"If there are too many problems that could happen if everybody knew, why even try to have a relationship? It's no point if you think someone is going to catch you all the time." I swallowed at Chance's words and turned to look at Anders worriedly.

"No, Harmoni. Don't over think it. We'll be fine, ok?" He kissed my chin. "We'll be fine."

"I'm just trying to get y'all to reason. Why live in fear when you can go on without those heartaches and headaches."

"I said we'll be fine, man. Chill out." Anders spat looking at Chance.

"You better not hurt her, Professor." Chance said with just as much hatred in his voice as Anders did. "You've made her cry in the past, and I will not tolerate it again."

"I will never hurt her again. And that's a promise."

***

I didn't see Chance nor Anders for a while after they had a confrontation in my living room. My father got out of the hospital a week later, and Bianca moved in to help him. I think that she came just because she wanted to live with us and not just because my father was hurt. But I didn't care, Bianca is a cool chick now that we sat down and talked.

I didn't go to classes today, was too tired. I stayed up all night watching CSI: Miami and didn't fall asleep until the marathon turned off. I don't know how long I've been asleep or what time it now was, but I woke up to knocking on my bedroom door. I lifted my head and looked over towards the door.

"Yes?" I asked, my voice laced with grogginess. The door opened, and I was surprised to see Anders standing there, looking at me concerned.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked moving towards me quickly, closing the door behind him. I frowned looking around before my eyes landed on the clock.

"Yeah. Are you? Don't you have a class?"

"Yeah, and you had classes too, Harmoni. I was worried when I didn't see you or when you didn't answer my calls or texts." He put his hand on my forehead. "You don't feel warm."

"I'm fine. Just tired." I answered, shifting in bed, so I was now sitting up and staring at Anders. He sighed before brushing my hair out of my face and smiling weakly.

"My beautiful baby," he started as he stroked my cheek gently. "I have plans for another date." I frowned. Did he not remember all of our other dates?

"But-."

"Have a little faith in me, Harms." He said with a wink. "I've been perfecting this date for a week now, and I'm sorry that I haven't been around. I want to make this perfect for you."

"Huh?" I asked. He leaned in, kissing me, ignoring the fact that I had just woke up and then kissed my nose.

"I'm picking you up tonight at five. Wear something comfortable."

"But-." He kissed me again, cutting me off.

"Harmoni, do it. I promise all will be well. You won't be hurt, you won't regret it, and you will enjoy yourself tonight."

"How can I be so sure? All our other dates were horrible."

"Have a little faith. Like I said before, I've been perfecting every little detail about this date, and I promise you, it'll be great for the both of us." He let his eyes roam over me for a second before he met my eyes again. "Did you, curl your hair?" I reached up, touching my hair and laughed.

"No. I just washed it." He's never seen me with my hair curly. I always had it straightened, or in braids so this was new to him. "It'll be done when I see you later."

"No, keep it like that. I love it." He said with a smile.

"Really?" I questioned. He nodded reaching out to me.

"I prefer your hair like this." He kissed me again before pulling back and standing up just as there was a knock on the door.

"Is everything ok in here?" I heard Bianca ask, opening the door. Anders nodded and looked at his sister.

"Yeah," he turned back to look at me. "So, you understand everything that I told you?" He asked. I nodded with a confused look on my face but didn't say anything else. "Good. I'll see you later." He nodded to me and walked out of the room. I looked up at Bianca.

"Are you hungry? I made pancakes." I swooned quietly; she's so sweet, she made breakfast. I wonder why I hated her so much. Oh right, because I'm a dumb bitch.

"Can you leave some in the microwave for me? I'm exhausted."

I'm actually thinking that I might skip the date for the next chapter. Idk, I'm tired of writing the dates and what to get to the sex lol. What do y'all think?