Chapter 18 - "Like who?"

Polaris was in her common room, sitting on one of the large red and comfy sofas, she had a book in her hands and she was reading peacefully. When she suddenly heard a yell. "Oi Angelina!" The annoying voice of Fred called out.

"What?" She asked the boy. She rolled her eyes, could they not shout across the common room at one another to have a conversation, some of them were trying to read, or on other words. She was trying to read her book.

"Want to come with the ball with me?" Fred asked her. Polaris herself didn't have a partner, even though her mother had sent the most magnificent dress she had ever laid eyes on, she wasn't really planning on going, but her brother said he would drag her down if he had to.

She guessed she go with her brother or one of her cousins. No one at Hogwarts interested her enough for her to go to a ball with them. She was used to having fancy balls, her parents would always have them, and even in those ones, she'd go with her brothers. Then, she'd disappear back to her room or she'd go out in the grounds.

She guessed she could just do that to this one as well. "All right then!" Angelina answered his question, before she carried on talking with Alicia.

Finally, everything was quiet once more and she was relaxing once more and turned her page and was reading. When she felt two people sit on either side of her on the sofa, but she ignored them and carried on reading. Someone cleared their throat, and she looked up to see Angelina on one side and Alicia on the other. "Yeah?" She asked politely.

"Who are you going with, Polaris?" Angelina asked with interest, while Alicia nodded in agreement. Polaris looked down at her book and remembered the page, before she closed the book and faced them both.

"I wasn't really planning on going!" She told the two girls as she put a strand of her black hair behind her ear. "I've gone to more than enough balls. More than I care to admit!"

"But, your mother sent you that amazing dress!" Alicia told her. "All of us in the dorm have seen that dress, and it's gorgeous! Why not show it off! I mean, it's lie to say that you're not beautiful, and I think you should show everyone in the school that you're not just a Malfoy in Gryffindor!"

"I agree!" Angelina beamed. "I mean, we could totally get you a date to the ball! Alicia is right, you're stunning and everyone knows it. They're just afraid to ask you, you are quite intimidating and most people are scared of rejection!"

"I was planning on going with one of my brothers, or cousins!" She answered. "All the others I've gone to, I've took either my twin and my eldest brother, or Cygnus and Septimus! Or one of my cousins!"

"Why do that when you can go with anyone of the boys in our school!" Alicia said as she faced the Malfoy girl. "Look around the room, there are quite a few attractive ones!" The three girls looked behind them to look at the boys in sync.

Polaris scoffed. "Like who?" She said not really seeing anyone she'd want to take.

"Well, there's Sammie Pettigrew! Rather attractive indeed! There's George Weasley, he's the kinder of the twins, and I bet he's a gentleman. Lee Jordan, he's funny, chivalrous and can be quite kind. Sounds perfect. The seventh year, Thomas Scamander, he's gentle, but mysterious. Looks like he could be some fun. Another seventh year, Jon Snow, he's sexy, intelligent and quite funny." Alicia said as she pointed each of them, each of them noticing.

"Eh!" Was all Polaris responded.

"That's it, we're finding you a date for the ball!" Angelina announced as she stood up, catching the attention of most of the people in the common room.

"Whether they be in Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin! You're having a date to the Yule Ball, whether you like it or not!" Alicia said as she stood up as well.