XI | Blockbuster Worthy Act

Due to her cold, Isabelle hadn't been out for the past two days. Now that her body had fully recovered, her spirits were even higher than before. As she munched on her breakfast, she looked out, marveling at the beautiful weather before deciding to go for a walk.

Even though it wasn't autumn and the sun wasn't strong, Madam Mary immediately rushed over with a parasol when she saw that Isabelle was empty handed. "Mrs. Smith, take a parasol to shield yourself from the strong sun."

Isabelle had the type of skin that would never tan and wanted to reject Madam Mary, but when she saw the bright sun, she reached out to take it along.

Madam Mary returned to the mansion and began to clean the kitchen. As she moped the floor, she heard the mansion door opening and thought that Isabelle was back. Without lifting her head, she shouted. "Mrs. Smith, you're back so soon?"

Alex frowned slightly while taking off his shoes at the entrance. With a clear voice, he asked, "Where did Mrs. Smith go?"

Madam Mary froze slightly when Alex's voice replied. She turned and greeted Alex before answering his question. "Mrs. Smith went to the garden in the back for a walk."

Alex didn't reply. He placed the car keys on the shelf nearby and went upstairs.

As Alex walked towards the elevator, Madam Mary thought for a bit and asked, "Mr. Smith, do you need me to call for Mrs. Smith?"

Alex paused momentarily before replying coldly, "No need."

He then walked into the elevator going upstairs. 

He then went to his study room to get a document before returning back down.

Madam Mary saw him coming out of the elevator and immediately stopped what she was doing.

"Mr Smith, you're leaving?"

Alexander nodded, expressionless, and walked towards the shoe cabinet to change his shoes. As he reached for the keys on the cabinet, he turned to look at Madam Mary, who was cleaning an antique porcelain vase. He paused for a few seconds before asking, "How has Mrs. Smith's health been these few days?"

Madam Mary truthfully reported, "Mrs. Smith fully recovered yesterday and her spirits are much higher today. I don't think there's much of an issue..."

Before Madam Mary could finish her sentence, Alexander had already left with his car keys.

He acted as though it wasn't him who had inquired about Isabelle's condition but rather Madam Mary who had forced the information on him.

Alexander opened the car door and sat inside. He turned into the empty road at the side and made a turn. When he was looked at the road through the back mirror, he caught sight of Isabelle. She was holding onto a parasol, picking flowers in the garden. A spark brightened Alexander's eyes and he hit the brakes, stopping the car.

He stared at Isabelle through the back mirror for a really long time before he reached for a cigarette. He lit it up, his actions familiar yet dignified, as he continued to stare unwaveringly at Isabelle.

Only when the cigarette was at its end and burned his fingertips did Alexander come back to his senses. Still, he remained focused on his back mirror as he casually tossed the cigarette into the ashtray. He lowered the window on his side. Clenching his lips, he forced himself to look away from the back mirror. Forcefully, he held onto the steering wheel and sped away.

Isabelle picked a huge bouquet of flowers, bringing it into the house happily. She got Madam Mary to fetch an empty vase and put the bouquet in. She then started snipping off the excess leaves until she was satisfied enough to put it on the dining table.