"What does it say?" He asked.

I turned the test so that it faced him and he read it, a slight frown forming on his face. "You're not pregnant"

"Did you want me to be?" I asked softly.

"I mean. It's kinda early for all that but I wouldn't have minded a little me or you running around, eh?"

I chuckled. "Yeah. That would have been nice. But it's also for the better. You're at the peak of your career, I have yet to finish college"

He nodded his head until a face of confusion was displayed on his face. "If you aren't pregnant, why are you experiencing those symptoms?"

I thought about it for a second. "I- I don't know."

"Do you want to go to the doctor? Make sure that you aren't really pregnant. I feel like maybe the test was faulty"

I nodded my head. "Okay. I'll go call for an appointment" I called the hospital and asked if there were any openings. Fortunately, someone canceled their appointment and there was an opening for an hour from now.

"Can I go with you?" Shawn asked as I hung up the phone.

"Of course, love"

——————————-
The doctor lifted up my shirt, exposing my stomach, and squeezed a bunch of cold, clear gel, spreading it around. The doctor, Shawn, and I, all looked at the screen to see if there was anything.

Shawn squeezed my hand as the doctor moved the gel around my belly.

She spoke up. "I don't think there's anything. Were you two wanting a baby?"

Shawn and I looked at each other and I looked over to the doctor, speaking up. "Well, I've been showing symptoms. Or at least I think I have. We weren't planning to have one but it wouldn't have been terrible if we did"

The doctor put her hand on her chin, thinking to herself. "Hmm. Have you been experiencing a lot of stress lately?"

I nodded my head. "Kinda. Yeah"

"Well. That solves our problem. Large amounts of stress usually tamper with your bodily functions. To be sure, we'll run some more tests. Other than that, I think we're all done here"

I wiped the gel off of my belly, putting my shirt back down. "Thank you Doctor Green"

"No problem! You two have a good day" She walked out of the room, closing the door behind her, and leaving Shawn and I alone.

I stood up from the examiner bed, Shawn standing up from the chair he was sitting at. He placed his arms around my torso and I put mine around his neck. "This is all my fault" Shawn said.

"What are you talking about?"

"If I just told you about the stuff at the record label, you wouldn't be experiencing all this"

"Shhh" I rested my head on his chest. "That was in the past. This is the present"

Shawn leaned down and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "I love you Alana"

"I love you more, Shawn"

------------------------

I went onto the bed next to Shawn and propped my head up with my arm on the pillow, Shawn doing the same. "Can I be honest with you Alana?"