14 ~ what you witnessed

Start from the beginning

They past the camp worker and laughed at the sound a bird made in the one of the trees above them.

Lisa loved hanging out with her mom like this. So much that she forgot to look back at who they walked past. It didn't matter, she was just teasing her curiosity.

Even though this whole trip was made about visiting Chaeyoung, she really enjoyed her mom's company. It felt like they needed this getaway too. For them.

After another walk around the camp, they decided on starting dinner. The sun was just starting to set and they both were surprisingly pretty tired from setting up their camp earlier.

Lisa would look around every ten minutes or so, seeing if she could see her. But Chae was never there.

Her mom would do the same, less frequently, but both of them always looked to who was walking bye when they would hear footsteps.

"I don't think she's here." Lisa pouted.

"I think she is, somewhere." Ami stated while stirring the pot over their portable stove.

"Really?"

"Yeah. A girl like her probably hides away, especially in a place like this, that can get rather busy."

"I guess you're right." Lisa said, a little more hopeful than before.

"The universe will work itself out for us." Her mom pinched her cheek and Lisa let out a giggle.

"The universe or fate?" Lisa questioned.

"Maybe both?"

They shared more conversation before pouring bowls and eating their noodles. Lisa had to blow on them a lot before she could actually eat them.

The sun had set now. But the moon was bright enough, along with the occasional camp lamp, letting her still be able to see.

Lisa sat down her now empty bowl and looked up to the sound of approaching footsteps. She was slow to look, knowing it would probably be another common camper.

But the bright camp logo caught her eye, letting her know it wasn't just a random person. And boy was she right.

Even though they wore a hoodie, and jeans, Lisa could see the girl's pale face and cheeks underneath her cap.

"Chaeyoung?" Lisa was surprised. She actually didn't expect to see her anymore.

But it was true. She lived there. And wore a camp logo to prove it.

~

(Chae pov)

Chaeyoung would have stayed in her trailer, except her boss had stopped by to tell her she had even more work to do.

He gladly told her to go empty all the campsites personal trash bins, even though they didn't seem full the last time she checked.

Before he left, he also made sure to call her stupid and, get this, 'a waist of drugs'. She actually kind of chuckled at him when he said it.

Until he yelled at her, putting her in her place.

It wasn't that she didn't want to empty trash bins, which she actually didn't mind. But who she saw earlier that made her not want to leave the comfort of her tattered home.

Embarrassed at what she'd think.

Chaeyoung thought she was imagining things when she could have sworn she heard Lisa's voice. She had shook her head and continued clipping branches until she heard her again.