Chapter 19: Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

Jen: Where's Brennen anyway?

Colby: He was in the car?!?!

Ash: Shit.

Ash pulled out his bow and arrow and loaded it.

Jen: He probably got away, like always.

Colby: Will called the cops, told them everything.

Jen: Everything? They won't believe me if he told them about...

You glanced to Ash because he doesn't know that you were the girl that changed his brother.

Ash: Told them what?

Jen: Nothing, it's not important.

Ash: We both know that you're lying.

Jen: Later.

Ash nodded his head and went back to watching the surroundings.

Jen: How long was I out?

Colby: About 5 minutes. We thought we lost you.

He looked like he was about to cry again.

Jen: Well you didn't, it's okay, I'm okay.

Colby kissed you again. This, time more passionately.

Ash: Can you guys cut it out? It's making us single people feel pretty lonely. Oh wait, I forgot I'm the only single person here.

Jen: Sorry.

You said, embarrassed.

Ash: It's alright. At least you're not alone.

There was a sort of pain in Ash's voice, like reopening a old wound.

Jen: You're not alone, just not in a relationship.

You said, trying to make him feel better.

Ash: Cut the crap Jen, we both know I'm alone and that's what makes me, me.

Jen: You won't be alone for long, soon, a person will find out how awesome you are.

Ash: Someone already did... But, they're gone now, and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

That's what it was... An old break up. Had to be... Right?

Jen: Ash... What happened?

Colby could even tell that something was wrong.

Ash: There was his girl... Her name was Peyton. She took my virginity.

Jen: What'd she look like?

Ash: She had medium length, curly blonde hair, wore band design bracelets she designed herself, she was the only other person in my grade that knew how to handle a weapon. She was really good at throwing knives. It was so hot.

Colby: I didn't ask.

Ash ignored Colby.

Jen: What happened to her?

Ash: She disappeared. A month and a half ago. I miss her so much. Your style kinda reminds me of her.

Jen: I'm sorry for asking.

Ash: The real reason I was at the bridge was because I was looking for her. It's a cold case now and no one ever looks or even spares a moment of their thoughts for her, when I think about her in everything I see. Everything I do. She was my everything.

There were tears streaming down his face now, he had a look of pure anger.

Jen: I'm so sorry.

Ash: STOP APOLOGIZING!

You jumped back a bit because he scared you.

Ash: I'm so sorry. It's just everyone always apologizes when apologizing can't bring her back.

You heard a rustling behind you. In an instant, everyone was up and Colby was standing in front of you. You heard a gunshot and it rung through your ears. There was blood on your shirt but it wasn't yours. It was Colby's.

Jen: BABE!!!

He collapsed and blood was gushing out of his shoulder.

Brennen: Here's what gonna happen: Jen's gonna come with me and you can call an ambulance, but if not, you get to watch your precious boy toy bleed out. Choose.

Song:

"Well this is a call throughout and across the underdog Nation, the hopeless and lost. Cause we're not the ones that walk with the dead, disciples of no one, by no one we're lead. Don't worry about me I'm not your tragedy, a reject, no respect, I don't, I don't, I don't..."

Previous Winner: