PART 40: I'm not Veronica Syvova

"Your real name is Mackenzie Evershow?" Erik stared at the old id Veronica handed him.

  "Yes and I always hated it, I had to change it for hiding purposes but the enemy was near me all along" She gripped the id and placed it back into the box of her old memories.

  "What are you going to do now?" Erik walked up to her and held her from behind as she gripped her desk.

  "I'm leaving, I've done major damage to this town and now I have to abandon it" she looked in the mirror in front of her, there stood her chance at a small portion of happiness.

  "I'm going with you" Erik whispered into her neck.

  Farewell Veronica Syvova.

~~~

Dip into Mackenzie Evershow

She stood in front a monster or what everyone considered what he was.

  He held his hammer swinging it with ease. It was 7 feet of pure muscle. All she had to do was kill it. Or whatever it was.

  She grabbed a ribbon and tied her hair up. She blew her bangs so they flowed out of her eyes. She positioned herself in a fighting stance.

  "Remember what you know Mackenzie" Uncle  said into the intercom.

  She took a deep breath. She had to survive this.

  "Go!" He yelled into the mic and she rolled.

   Get it from behind. It couldn't see her but it didn't stop if from going crazy with the hammer, he banged it everywhere.

  She climbed his body scratching him with her metallic claws. He/it yelped and thrusted her to the wall.

  She slid down and smirked. Finally a hard fight. She crawled psychotically, her twitching began.

  "You're just a little girl" it grumbled.

  "More like a little killing machine" she hissed and lunged at him. She clawed at his face. Blood sprinkled all over her body and adrenaline pumped through her.

   She bit him loving the metallic taste in her mouth. Until he was no longer breathing she stepped back.

  "Good job Darling" Uncle walked in clapping his hand.

  "Go on and shower honey" her mom smiled softly but didn't dare touch her.

  Mackenzie walked slowly to the shower feeling ashamed and proud. It was such an easy fight how is she suppose to entertain herself?

  ~~~

  Living alone in the ghetto.

  "You can't wake up, this is not a dream, you're part of a machine not a human being" his words replayed over and over in her head as she ran.

  She turned towards a stranger. "Do you know where this is?" She asked, he turned to her smiling psychotically.

  "Sure sweetie I'll show you to a nice place you can stay" she nodded and followed him down to an abandoned building.

  "What is this?" She asked him when a bright light appeared.

  "Go prove yourself worthy Alexander, kill the girl" she turned towards a boy who didn't look old enough to be here. He was around 16, she was only 9.

  "What the fuck is this?" She yelled towards where she heard the deep voice yell.

  "Don't worry darling it'll all be over soon" the boy whispered from behind her.

  "Don't fucking call me darling" her eyes blazing.

  "Whatever Darling" then she felt the metal go through her back and she fell.

  "Good job Alexander what an easy job" she saw the man appear out of the shadows smirking.

  "Fuck this" she stood up and ripped the knife out her back. She screamed at the pain and threw it to land in the boys throat.

  It'll heal quickly. "What just happened?" The man appeared frantic and scared.

  "I don't feel like explaining" she lunged at him scratching him with her claws.

I'm so glad to be finished with the first book of a series I started around three years ago. For a year I had drafts saved with the ending of the story but I had lost the files on my phone (I didn't write them on wattpad when I started this book). Now I was able to retrieve them and finish this once and for all. If I'm being honest I'm unsure if I will continue the series so I will retitle it. I hope to come back to this with motivation of continuing or redoing.

Thank you