Immortality: Chapter Two

We drove for what felt like 5 hours. Mikayla was right, they did move spots, but they were just visiting Bracebridge for old time sakes. I was at the back of the car with Mikayla lightly snoring on my shoulders. I stared out the window and bored out of my mind.

“Are we almost there yet?” I asked. All I heard from them we’re groans. That put a smile on my face. I bet they want to kill me now. I have asked that almost every five minutes.

“Why don’t you sleep?” Austin asked up front.

“Do you think I’m a idiot? You’ll rape or kill me in my sleep!” I exclaimed. If I ever get to age again I would love to become an actress.

“Not this again” Darren groaned. I huffed.

“Bree would you shut up?” Dimi asked. I froze. They caught on already? Shit that is so not good.

“Uh, my name is Ronnie, who’s this Bree girl anyways?” I asked. I see Dimi turn around and blinked at me.

“Did I call you Bree? I’m sorry; you just look and act a lot like her. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again,” he turns back around to the front, ignoring my question. Does it hurt that much to talk about me? I looked to the ground. My eyes we’re getting watery when suddenly I was slammed into the seat in front of me. I groaned in pain. I pulled back and the car was stopped.

“What? What happened?” Mikayla sits up straight and looks around for danger.

“Sorry, deer crossed the road at the last second,” Austin said.

“Where are we?” Mikayla groaned.

“It’s a secret, but we’re almost there,”

“God, I got a bad kink in my neck,” Mikayla complained.

“Here let me help you,” I said. She turned in her seat while I started to message her neck.

“How old are you guys?” Schuyler finally asked the million-dollar question.

“Uh, 15 and 16” Mikayla replied.

“Oh, you guys act much more mature then your age,” Darren said. I wonder why? Could be that I am actually 30 as well, but they don’t know that.

“Are you guys friends or family?” Darren asked.

I said friends while Mikayla said family. I blushed.

“What we mean is, that we’re so close we consider ourselves as family” I backed up our mess up.

“Oh” they all chorus. Whew, that was a close one.

“There you go, we’re here” Austin spoke. I couldn’t help it, but my jaw literally dropped to the floor. It was huge and so many people were here. How? How did it they get so many people? I heard chuckles around me, but couldn’t look away from what was in front of me

“Come on, we have to meet up with our boss,” Darren nagged us out of the car. I wonder who is there boss now? Is Mr. Walter still alive? Everyone looked so professional here, uniforms and high prep things. It made me feel like a hobo. Well technically I am, just have a little bit of money for the necessaries, but that’s not the point. We entered the building with Mikayla and I trailing behind. Everywhere I look, I see kids whispering and pointing. Didn’t their parents teach them that it is rude to point?

“I have a bad feeling of this, Mik,” I whispered close to her so no one would hear.

“I’m having the same feeling” she replied.

“Should we run?”

“Run where? We both have no idea where we are!”

“Are you girls thinking of running already?” Someone spoke behind us. I jumped a foot in the air and turned so quickly that, Carter I see, jumped back.