Immortality: Chapter Seven

I started shoving the little stuff I had into my bag, well this been an excellent two days. I sighed. I looked into the mirror to see bags under my eyes, my dyed brown hair curling and going into all sorts of different directions. I miss my blond hair and green eyes, but I always will have grey eyes and different colour hair every time I look in a mirror. I rinse my face and it took care of some of the bags. I sighed. My bedroom door burst opened making me yelp in surprise. I see Austin frantic eyes, but when he saw me they softened.

“We been looking for you everywhere. We started to think you left” Austin muttered out. I gulped; he hadn’t notice the bag I was holding. I started to shift my weight to the side so he wouldn’t take notice of it.

“Nope, still here” I forced a smile.

“Where have you been all afternoon? You got the staff worried,” he said. Not every staff member I thought.

I decided not tell him the truth, I didn’t want Carter to hate me even more, “I’ve been wandering around, exploring and stuff” I brushed off. He narrowed his eyes, stared at me then slowly nodded. Taking my lie, he left after that. I grabbed the bag and made a run for it. I started to take turns when I stop and realized I have no idea where the garage is. I groaned in frustration but continued down the hall anyways. I hope I don’t run into anyone I knew. I’m probably so late, I sighed. I turned the corner and ran into a hard body. I lost my footing and fell to the floor. I looked up to see Jaymie and Ash. I paled.

“Here, let me help you up” Jaymie offered in his new deep voice. I took his hand and he lifted me to my feet.

“Thanks” I looked down to the floor embarrassed.

“You want to be careful, you never know what’s around the corner,” Ash punned. He winks at me and walked passed me. Jaymie didn’t move. He ran his fingers through his hair, “I guess I’ll see you around. Be more careful next time” he coughed and made his way around me and continued down the hallway. What just happened? I shrugged. I hefted my bag in a better position on my shoulder and continue down the hall. Rosanna materialized in front of me.

“There you are. I knew you would get lost,” she smiled at me. I gave her a weird look.

“C’mon, everyone is waiting,” she grabbed my hand and we zoomed down the hallways. When we stop I fell to my knees. I never ran that fast in my life. I breathe in big gulping breaths, trying to satisfy my lungs. I heard a few chuckles to my left and lifted my head to see both Garnet and Rosanna laughing at me. I narrowed my eyes.

“Your such a baby. You can’t even take a little run” Garnet mocked me. I’m actually going to spend the next few years with this guy? That is not going to happen. I narrowed my eyes and got up. I could feel some pain in my lungs, but couldn’t be bothered with it now. I looked for Mikayla to see she was talking to Mr. Walter. I marched over to her and ignored the other two.

“Everything is set and remember, ditch the car when you reach Haliburton, understood?” Mr. Walter asked

“Yes sir,” Mikayla replied.

“Ah here is our missing person. Nice to see you are unharmed Miss Waters. It was a pleasure seeing you again after so many years. Let’s hope we meet again in the near or far future” Mr. Walter winked at me and strolled out of the room. I stood there dumbfounded. What did he mean by that?

“Ron? Earth to Ronnie. Is anybody home?” Rosanna snapped her figures in my face. I blinked and got my surroundings again.

“How long was I spaced out for?” I asked her.

“A couple of minutes,” she shrugged and started skipping to the car.

“Shot Gun!” Rosanna shouted so everyone could hear. Mikayla groaned behind me, I turned and smirked at her.