Riker Imagine

"Hey babe," you say into the phone glumly. Riker was supposed to come the the Homecoming dance with you the next night and it got cancelled. You called him to tell him the news and save him a long plane trip and a tux.

"Hey, what’s wrong, you sound upset," he asks with worry in his tone. 

"The dance was cancelled today, they won’t tell us why but now there is no Homecoming dance," you reply and hear him sigh with disappointment. 

"Aw man! I was looking forward to it," he says, "you still want me to fly there? We can hangout for a day or two before tour starts up again."

You shake your head as if he can see you, “No, you don’t need to do that. You need rest whenever you can get it, you will be here in a month or two on tour, we can see each other then.”

You secretly hope he would come anyway but you didn’t get your hopes up, he has rehearsals and preparations and stuff to do to get ready for tour. 

After talking for about an hour, you say your I love you’s and Goodbyes and hang up. You walk over to your calendar and cross today’s date off, it’s a nice reminder that it’s just one day closer to seeing him again.

It’s now the next night and you just sit on your bed looking at the beautiful dress you could have been wearing tonight. You soon decide to put it on anyway and dance around your room a bit. You put on your playlist of favorite songs and start to jump around your room. If you can’t have a big event, you may as well have your own little dance party.

Suddenly in the middle of Shake It Off by Taylor Swift, you hear another song from outside. You turn off your music and recognize it as All About You by McFly, you and Riker’s song. You walk to your window and look out to find Riker in a tux, holding a bouquet of Roses with a boom box sitting on the ground next to him.

You waste no time in running towards the front door, completely ignoring your mom asking you what’s happening. You swing the door open and run immediately into his arms, closing your eyes and reopening them to make sure you aren’t in a dream.

"Oh my gosh, Riker!" you squeal as he spins you around, "what are you doing here?" 

"I told you I’d be your date and dance with you at Homecoming," he replies and sets you down, "and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do." 

He sets down the flowers and holds out his hand for you to take. You take it and let him pull you in closer. He moves both his hands to your waist and you wrap your arms around his neck, your eyes never leaving each others. You sway along to the music together in perfect harmony, each second feeling more magical than the next. 

"I can’t believe you came all the way here," you say to him and he laughs.

"Well you must have been expecting it or something because you have your dress on," he replies and you giggle.

"Yeah, I was kind of having my own little party in my room," you joke.

"And I wasn’t invited to this party? I’m insulted." he retorts and you laugh some more.

"Hey! For all I knew you were still a million miles away," you defend, "and even if you were here I wouldn’t invite you because you eat all the food."

"I am truly wounded," he says faking hurt and you both burst out into laughter, making you realize how much you have missed him.

After a few moments of silence he speaks up, “You look so beautiful right now.” 

A large blush comes to your cheeks and you look down only to have him lift up your chin with his finger. Before you know it his lips were on yours and you are suddenly melting into his arms. The only thing better than a Riker kiss is a Riker kiss after not seeing him for a long time. 

In need of air you both pull apart and continue dancing. You lay your head on his chest and he holds you tighter, neither of you wanting to let go of this moment.

Best. homecoming. ever.