Riker Imagine

"Y/N!" you hear the second you walk into the Lynches house. Before you could even blink all 5 Lynch kids were smothering you in a tight hug. 

"Well someone’s missed me," you joke attempting to hug them all back at once, "after all it has been a whole day!" 

You have been best friends with the Lynch family for as long as you can remember, you hang out with them almost every day of your life. Although you love and get along with all of them, you have always had the best connection with Riker. Everyone always thought it was funny considering the age difference but you two just clicked.

"Oh hush! Come on we have cookies!" Rydel cheers, pulling you into the kitchen by your arm. The house was currently full of people because of their New Years Eve party which is always a big hit.

You and Rydel hang out in the kitchen and talk about girl stuff for a while. Riker is fun and all but nothing compares to some Delly time.

"Okay, since we are having major girl talk here I have something to tell you," Rydel says, looking around her to make sure no one, specifically the boys, is around to hear.

"Oh my gosh are you pregnant?" you say with wide eyes, immediately jumping to conclusions. Rydel giggles and shakes her head.

"Why is that always the first thing you assume, me and Ell dont just get it on every time we hang out, goodness!" You shrug and laugh along with her before she quickly gets back to the point.

"Okay so basically Riker likes you, like a lot. And he kind of won’t stop talking about you during band practice and, although we all love you to death, it’s getting hella annoying.” An immediate smile comes to your face as soon as she says this and she knowingly smirks at you.

"And judging by the cheesy grin on your face you obviously like him too so if you could possibly do something about his constant rambling that would be fantastic." she finishes, popping the last bit of her cookie in her mouth. You furiously blush and think about what she just said. Maybe it is about time you did something about the stupid queasy feeling in your stomach every time you see him.

"Y/N! Rydel! It’s time for the countdown!" you hear Stormie yell excitingly from the living room where everyone was watching the ball drop. You go over to the boys and stand by Riker, still deciding whether or not to make your move. With each second that goes by you get more nervous and your palms get all sweaty.

When the countdown hits 1 you decide you have nothing to lose and choose to go for it. You turn to Riker as everyone screams “Happy New Year!” and before you could even move an inch more he gently cups your face and kisses you first. You completely melt into the kiss, and you finally understand what people mean when they talk about sparks flying.

At this point everyone is staring at you two but that doesn’t seem to matter because you are in the arms of your best friend and, who also seems to be, your next boyfriend.