Ryland Imagine

Anxiously sitting on the couch backstage you look at the clock every other second. You keep tapping your foot in utter excitement and you keep playing with your hands. It has been 5 months since you have seen your boyfriend Ryland because he has been on tour with R5. You happened to be on vacation with your family in New York the same day R5 is playing a show there. You kept this from Ry, wanting to surprise him so you set up a plan with the rest of the band.

(Meanwhile at the merch table)

"Ry!" Mark shouts over the fans, screaming over the fact that Papa Lynch is near them, "the band needs you in the dressing room." Ryland looks at Mark, confused and puts down the merch.

"Why, what happened?" he asks concerned. Deciding he had to come up with something on the fly, Mark improvised.

"Rocky twisted his ankle and needs you," Mark answered quickly and pushes Ryland out from behind the merch table and towards backstage. Ryland, although still confused a bit, walks briskly backstage, hearing the gasps of teen girls who just heard that the lead guitarist just twisted an ankle.

(Backstage again)

Stormie runs in the room with her camera and the rest of the Lynches (plus Ratliff). You knew that this was the signal the Ryland was coming and your heart starts to pound as your breathing becomes heavier. Shaking, you stand up and prepare for Ryland to walk in. Footsteps are heard in the hallway and the closer the footsteps get the more nervous you become.

"Oh god," you say under your breath. Suddenly you see a black shirt step through the doorway.

"Rocky, you idiot, wha-" he stops in his tracks when he sees you. You smile at the sight of him and he just stands there for a while, mouth wide open.

You laugh and remark, “are you going to stay there forever or do I get a hug and kiss before I leave?”

Snapping out of his trance he runs up to you and picks you up by the waist, hugging you tightly as he spins you around. You immediately wrap your arms around his neck and, admittedly, squeal a bit. He sets you down but is still holding onto you for dear life. You rest your head on his chest as you embrace each other, a tear of happiness or two rolling down your face. After a few more seconds you pull back so you can get a close look at him.

He looks down at you in amazement and stutters, “What- I mean how- Why are you- What?”

You smile at how adorable he sounded and decide to answer to end his suffering. “My family is in New York for the week so I decided to come see you!” you say excitingly when you hear Rydel clear her throat in the corner.

"Oh come on Delly," you say looking over at her, "you know I missed you too." She smiled and Ryland looks over to his family in the corner.

"Ross, bro, are you crying?" he asks slightly amused. Ross looks away quickly.

"No," he remarks with a hint of whimpering in his voice. He sniffles and continues, "I am just allergic to-"

"Cuteness?" Rocky finishes for him and everyone giggles. Ross lets out a fake laugh and pushes Rocky into the mini fridge. 

You walk over the the rest of the family and have a big group hug. “God, I missed you guys so much!” you say laughing. After the long group hug Ryland pulls you back into his arms and looks over at the family. 

"Okay, you guys can have her later. It’s been 5 months I get some time with my girl first." Ryland says, tugging you tightly to his chest and resting his chin on your head. The other Lynches put their hands up in surrender and start walking towards the door.

"Have fun," Rydel says with a wink as she passes you.

"But not too much fun," Riker says to Ryland directly after.

"Yeah we don’t need her getting preg-" Ross starts to say before Ratliff covers his mouth and pulls him out of the room.

Ryland gives them a glare even though they are no longer able to see it, meanwhile your mouth is open in shock. Actually, coming from them the comment wasn’t all that shocking. You shrug and turn towards Ryland.

"So I can’t help but notice that it has been 5 months since I have had a Ryland kiss," you say casually, looking back up at him. He faces you completely and puts his hands on your waist.

"Well that is just unacceptable," he smirks and you both lean in. Due to your shortness you get on your tiptoes and wrap your arms around his neck. You both immediately grin into the kiss. This one is different for some reason. Maybe it is because you have been craving it for so long. You two go deeper into the kiss when you hear the door slam open.

"Sorry I forgot my dumsti-" Ratliff says before he sees you two sharing an intense moment. Not having the power to pull away you ignore the drummer and continue.

"Teenage love," he says and then slams the door closed. Not being able to control your laughter you both pull away from the kiss and hunch over laughing.

"Leave it to Ellington to ruin a beautiful moment," you say in between laughs. After the laughing died down Ryland grabs your hands.

"Every moment with you is a beautiful one," he says and kisses you on the forehead. You smile and blush.

"So how do you feel about helping out backstage?" He says while wiggling his eyebrows. You jump up excitedly.

"OMG YOU MEAN BACKSTAGE DURING AN R5 SHOW OMG I CAN’T EVEN!" you squeal jokingly, secretly knowing that 2 years ago that would actually be your response.

Ryland laughs and puts on his red R5 hat. “Shall we be off then?” He asks grabbing your hand and intertwining your fingers with his.

"We shall," you say in a British accent, and you two happily walk out of the dressing room to go help out.