Riker Imagine

"Babe! I don’t understand what you are so mad about, just tell me!" Riker yells across the kitchen of your shared apartment. You roll your eyes for what felt like the 200th time that night and turn around, pouring yourself some water.

"Out of all days to do this you had to choose this one? Out of the 365 days a year that you can go out and party with the band and all your friends until 12:30am you choose tonight!” you shout back, still not looking at him.

"What is wrong with you?!? You never get mad when I go out with the band, I don’t get what has gotten into you!" he yells again.

"Well maybe you can stand there by the calendar for a few more hours until you figure it out!” you sternly retort and quickly walk into the living area.

After a few minutes a dumbfounded and apologetic looking Riker slowly walks into the room. “Baby I am so sorry, I don’t even know where to begin.” he says walking towards you. He doesn’t continue and you back away from him, trying not to let him go that easy.

"Well you could begin by explaining how you could possibly forget our 5 year anniversary," you say back while crossing your arms. 

"I’m so sorry, I got so caught up with tour and planning our next album I just…"

"Forgot about your girlfriend of 5 years?" you interrupt with a glare. You don’t know how you expect him to get out of this one but you don’t care.

"I don’t want to sound whiny because I hate people like that but honestly am I not a priority in your life? I understand the band is important and I’m so happy you guys are taking off but does that mean forgetting about us?" you continue, getting all of your feelings out right then and there.

Riker just stands there, not knowing what to say. What could he say? He screwed up big time here.

"Whatever, you can sleep on the couch tonight. Or better yet why don’t you go out a party with the band a bit more since they are obviously so much more important than I am." You finish out with a stomp of your foot and turn to walk to your shared bedroom.

As soon as you close your door you fall on your bed and try to sleep but the tears start to fall. You don’t know if it was because of what he did or if it’s because this is the biggest fight you guys have had in a while but the salty tears are flowing. 

You try to sleep but something is keeping you up. It feels cold, it feels lonely, and it doesn’t feel right. Sleep isn’t the same without him by your side, the pillow labeled “Big Spoon” is unoccupied and you miss his warmth when he cuddles you to sleep every night.

You let out a deep sigh and get out from under the covers and head to the living room where, hopefully, Riker was. You see his tall body sprawled across the large couch covered in a blanket. As sneakily as possible you snuggle in with him on the couch and suddenly you feel him move; He’s awake.

"I’m still extremely mad at you but I still love you and I miss your cuddles," you explain defensively. He doesn’t say a word, he just moves over to give you room and wraps the blanket tightly around you. He gently kisses your forehead before the two of you drift off into a peaceful sleep.