Riker Imagine

"Why is Riker even dating [y/n]? She looks like she's 12 years old"

"How tall of a ladder do you think she needs to kiss him? Lol!"

"Hey [y/n], how are things over in munchkin land?"

"I can't believe Riker is dating that chick, has he suddenly become blind?"

You slam your laptop shut and shove it away from you, trying to hold back tears. Ever since you and Riker made your relationship public you have been getting tons of hate on Twitter. Although a lot of people were supportive, you couldn't help but let the haters get to you.

You try your hardest to not let the comments get to you, but when there are so many it just gets too hard to handle. It has been about five weeks of this and you are tired of it by now. You decide to call Riker and invite him over, as much as you want to you just can't do this anymore.

He answers the phone perkily, "Hey babe!" he says and you can just feel his enthusiasm through the phone, it's just a Riker thing.

"Hey, uhm, I need to talk to you. Can you come over?" you say with a shaky voice. You hope that he can't tell that you have been crying but you knew better than that. He can read you like an open book with a 72 font size.

"On my way, is everything okay?" he says with worry in his voice.

"Yeah, it's fine, just come on over," you say into the phone, completely lying through your teeth.

"Alright, I'll be there in 10," he says and you hear a car door slam, "love you."

"Love you too," you reply, and that was the complete truth.

About ten minutes later you hear him walk through the door. At this point in the relationship he has a key to your house so he can just walk on in. You walk to where he is and he greets you with a hug and a kiss on the forehead. You two walk to the living room hand-in-hand and you take a deep breath.

"So what did you need to talk to me about?" he asks as you both sit down on the couch.

"Uhm," you start, trying to think of a way to say this. "I don't know, I just..." you begin again, but the lump in your throat keeps you from letting out a full sentence.

"Come on," he says, "you can tell me anything." That is when you broke, something about just the slightest touch of his hand is enough to break you down.

"I can't do this anymore," you spit out, tears now rolling down both cheeks. The first think you notice is the look of hurt on his face, but that doesn't last long before he pulls you into his chest and hugs you tightly. Typical Riker, making sure you are okay before he even thinks of himself.

You pull away and continue, the sooner this is over with the better. "It's not that I don't love you. God, I love you more than you can even know. But all this crap I am getting from the fans, it's too much for me." You try to say everything as clearly as possible considering you have been crying so much.

Riker pulls you closer to him so that your head is leaning against his chest. He speaks softly, almost in a whisper. "Listen, I know some of the things that have been said are hurtful; extremely hurtful. But you cannot let them get to you." he says in the most soothing voice you have ever heard.

"I try not to let them, but it just gets so hard," you reply, the tears still flowing.

"I have an idea," he says, "every time you see one of those mean comments I want you to think of me. Think of this. All those fans are just jealous and are willing to do anything to break us up. But that is never, and I repeat never, going to happen. You may feel like they have the upper hand here, but when it comes down to it you have one major thing that they don't."

"And what's that?" you ask, calming down with each word he says.

"You have me," he answers, pulling apart from you so that you are face to face. He wipes the tears from your cheeks and you smile. It's been a while since you have genuinely smiled like that.

"You're beautiful," he says pushing a strand of your hair behind your ear, "and don't ever let anyone else make you think differently."

You nod and then he pulls you in for a passionate kiss. It's moments like this when you remember why you deal with all the rude comments. It's all for him. Everytime his lips touch yours, all your problems disappear and you feel like you're on Cloud Nine.

You both pull away, you looking into his big brown eyes and him looking into yours. "So you still want to break up?" he jokes with a smirk.

You giggle, "I think that kiss answered that question very clearly," you reply, biting your lip. You spend the rest of the day with him, joking around and cuddling. And at the end of the day, putting up with all the hate is worth it. Yep, definitely worth it.