Chapter 29

I hadn't talked to Ross in a while. ever since the whole tweeting thing. it had been about 5 days since the last we talked ( on the phone before he tweeted the crap about me). It was weird.

He texted me a few times to meet up but I never responded. I have been so busy with my parents divorce and talking to Katie about everything that he hasn't really been on my mind too much. it was Thursday, but it's  summer so I turned the tv on.

The r5 'if I can't be with you' music video came out today, so I grabbed my computer, sat on the couch and went to youtube.

As I watched the video, I started tearing up and I didn't really know why. I missed Ross and I hoped we could work it out. I wanted to know what he was thinking, if he was done with me or he really cared.

In the video whenever Ross sang you could tell it was about someone, the way he stared into the camera and looked really emotional. it kind of felt like it was about me but he is an actor...

I wanted to congratulate him on the video, but I don't want to be sucked back into his charm. he texted me Monday and Tuesday to see what I was doing and if he could see me. He didn't sound too sincere so I don't think he really minded me not replying.

After the video was over I knew I had to fix our problem so I called him, texting just takes too long.

"Finally" he sighed.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You've been ignoring me. finally you acknowledge my existence." he sounded relieved that he had my attention.

"Sorry your tweet kind of offended me" I snapped at him.

"What tweeet?"

"The one where you say I'm so annoying, and that i almost found out"

I said slowly to make sure he understood.

"Okay now I'm confused" I could hear singing in the background.

"Wait are you at practice? I can call you back!" I freaked out thinking I just interrupted their band practice.

"Sweetie, I've been waiting like a week to hear from you, I'm going to take a break to talk to you"

What he said was sweet, but the whole 'sweetie' thing ruined it.

I laughed "why didn't you just call me?"

" I thought you needed some space with the whole family stuff. I was probably going to call you today or tomorrow though. but I missed you" hes trying to suck Up to me, and it ain't going to work.

"Oh shut up"

"Ouch. that hurt." he actually sounded offended.

"I know you subtweeted about me. ouch that hurt" i Said mocking him.

"Emma! I have no clue what you're talking about. explain please." he sounded frustrated.

"You hung up on me on Saturday when I got home then tweeted " so annoying and so snoopy."" i Told him in an obvious tone of voice.

"Wha wha wha wait... you thought that was about you?" he sounded really surprised.

"Well I know you lied about how you went inside because you were 'cold'. so I thought you were mad I kept asking about what you said." I sniffed trying to clear all my tears that I feel coming and all the ones that were already stained on my cheeks.

"Wait babe are you crying???" he asked sounding REALLY concerned.

I lied. " no. just have a cold"

"No you dont"

"Okay I was tearing up but it's no big deal. now tell me who the tweet was about!" i said changing the subject back to the original subject.

"It was a song" he burst out laughing like I was an idiot.

"Wait what?" was he joking with me??

"It's a song from the 80s I was listening to after I hung up, and that's my favorite line"

I had a hard time believing him. " what song?"

"The feelings I have" he stated simply.

"Promise??" i pressured him.

"I promise. I would never subtweet you no matter how mad I am at you. and I wasn't even mad at you, my mom kept calling me so I had to go." I could tell he was telling the truth.

"Okay so what did you actually say to me before you ran inside?" he better give me an answer.

"You'll find out when I'm sure of what I feel" I could hear Riker talking to Ratliff in the background.

No no no no! who does he think he is?? I can't wait for his 'feelings'.

"Rosssss tell me" I begged.

"You wouldn't want me to until I was sure, trust me. did you see our music video?" he obviously didn't want to talk about it anymore, so I dropped the subject.

"Yeah. really good acting." i bit into an apple I pulled out from the fridge.

"Wasn't acting. I just was so worried that you were done with me, and 'i couldn't be with you'" he quoted the song, wow that was cheesy.

I laughed "oh ross. you're sweet and cheesy"

"Anything for the ladies" he sounded like he was smirking.

"Ladies?" I joked with him.

"Anything for my lady" he corrected.

I actually really liked being his and him calling me his. it made me feel protected.

The line was silent for awhile. but not an awkward silence, a comfortable silence.

"Where are you?" he spoke up.

"Sitting on my couch" I laughed.

He joined me and laughed "what are you doing today?"

"Whatever you're doing" I sighed.

"Let's go to the beach."

"Now?" I giggled.

"It's only like 30 minutes away. get dressed I'll pick you up soon." he stated.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Nope. see you in 45 minutes. bye sweetie."

"Don't call me th-" I got caught of by him hanging up. okay then.

I shut the TV off and walked upstairs.

I pulled out my basket of swimsuits and decided to wear my pink bikini. I threw jean shorts over it and a cute tank top with flowers on it. I put my hair in a messy bun, grabbed some flip flops and put a little concealer on.

I was ready to go.