Chapter 18

"I saw... all my friends" Ross said looking down.

"What!? why is that bad? you made me think someone died!" I was talking pretty loud.

"There's things you don't know..." he was looking around.

"Well I'm about to find out, so spit it out and tell me." I folded my arms.

"Please don't be mad, I want you to know that I really like you,"

I was starting to get scared. I just looked at him to continue.

"Well at the concert, I was dared to ask you out, by my friends, but then I saw you and I thought I would have maybe asked you out anyway. and I just saw them, but I haven't seen them since the concert, but they think I'm leading you on, to just dump you and break your heart so I didn't want them to see you and make fun of you and ruin everything. im so sorry."

I just stared at him for awhile. I don't even know what he said after "I was dared to ask you out", that's all I could think about. so I wouldn't be with him right now if he never was dared? he doesn't even like me, I thought. and after everything I did for him. I must have been staring for awhile because he started waving his hand across my face.

"Emma? emmmmma? are you okay?"

I snapped out of my gaze and looked down.

"Are you planning on breaking my heart?" I asked him.

"What?... of course not, I like you, and even if I was planning to break your heart I would have done it a long time ago"

"I can't believe you used me for a stupid game of truth or dare. you can't treat girls like that! you can't just pick one to ask out, and get there hopes up and then just leave them. it's not right."

I was getting out of control and I started shivering and shaking my head.

"Hey, hey, hey, your okay." he pulled me into a hug, I just laid on his shoulder.

"First of all, I'm not going to ever leave you, second, I really like you, more then any other girl, and third I didn't use you, the second I saw you at the concert I thought you were perfect, I would have asked you out anyway. please don't be mad, and please don't leave ME"

"I don't know Ross, we have too many ups and downs" I said releasing from his grasp and wiping my eyes.

"I promise there will be only more ups. But everyone has ups and downs, it's how life works. so lets just go on that Ferris wheel, it's dark now." he stood up and grabbed my hands.

"But my moms here to pick me up..."

"Tell your mom to come back later. please."

"Fine" I shrugged.

"Ok let's go!" he took off running, still grabbing my wrists.

We got to the ride. there wasn't much of a line so we only waited a couple minutes. we soon got in a cart and started going. now I really didn't want to get stuck at the top and kiss, because I was still a little upset.

"Look over there" Ross said pointing to a bunch of tall lit up buildings.

I gasped. "beautiful" I whispered.

"Not as beautiful as you" Ross said looking at me.

I started laughing. "that was cheesy, but thank you" I said smiling.

We kept riding up but No surprise we got stuck at the top. it was an amazing view though.

"So how about that romantics kiss?" Ross asked me.
I thought to myself. I wasn't facing him, and I didn't know what to do. Life is so complicated. I wasn't sure if the right thing was to forgive him or not let him off the hook? I wanted to kiss him, bad. But once I do would he think everything would be normal?

I thought, I may never get this chance again, so I turned toward him and we both leaned in. my arms went around his neck, it lasted a good 4 seconds before the ride started again, and we fell back on the cart.

"Aaaawwee" I said, I hit my head on the back of the cart.

"Hahaha" he was laughing at me and getting back up because he fell too.

I sat up and fixed my hair ."so muc for that romantic kiss".

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked immediately after I finished my sentence.

I studied his expression. it was, devilish.