Chapter 26

"Would you like some potatoes?" stormie asked me and she brought the mash potatoes to the dinner table.

"Oh no thank you." I smiled at her.

"You don't like potatoes?" Ross asked me, squinting.

"No. that's the food I hate most in the world"

He rolled his eyes at me and took some potatoes.

It was currently 6:54pm. Ross and I has been swimming all after noon until finally stormie convinced us to come inside and eat dinner.

We were having burgers, fries, and potatoes.

"So you were at their concert right?" mark asked me, while shoving his burger in his mouth.

"Yeah" Rocky answered for me, I laughed.

"She has a mouth of her own you know" Riker said and shoved rocky a little in his chair.

"I know" rocky smirked. which tbh kind of freaked me out.

"Okay guys let's talk about something else now" Ross said half Serious have joking.

"So what's it like having an entire r6 family who loves you?" I asked them.

"R6?" Ross raised his eyebrow at me.

"Riker, rocky, ross, Rydel, ratliff... and Emma" I said the last part under my breath.

"Oh okay" Ross said in the most sarcastic tone he could use.

"I like r6" Rydel laughed.

"Yeah ross! People like it!" I waved a hand in his face saying 'I'm always right'.

He pushed my hand away "I'm dating a lunatic"

"I take that as a compliment" I crossed my arms.

"And that's why you're a lunatic" I could tell Ross was rolling his eyes at me but I didn't dare give in and look at him.

"Im not boring thought huh?" I said biting into my burger.

"Your something else emma, something else" out of the corner of my eye I could see Ross's big goofy smile so I laughed while I finished chewing.

"You know you love me" I said, playfully punching his arm.

"Love?" Ross asked raising an eyebrow.

Oh crap. did I say that? I didn't mean it like that! people say that all the time. this was getting awkward, I had no idea what to say. then I started thinking, does he love me? but then reality struck and I realized he doesn't, we've only known each other for like 1, 1/2 months. But I wanted him to tell me he loved me first, because sometimes I get doubts on whether he's dating me because he really likes me or because he's just bored. and I really like him.

"You know what I meant" I nervously laughed hoping he would forget I said that for now, then maybe telling me he loved me later tonight.

"I don't know, are you saying that I love you?" he asked turning and facing me. we were sitting next to each other which seemed way to close at the moment.

Why did he have to asked that?? what do I say now??

"Everyone loves me" I laughed again really hoping he would drop it and just think it was a joke.

"Yeah everyone" he said as he got up and put his plate in the sink. was he being sarcastic or did he kind of admit he loves me?

"Can Emma and I be excused?" Ross asked as he came back to the table.

"Sure" stormie said smiling at us.

Ross grabbed my hand and pulled me off my chair. he pulled me past the living room and through the front door. We walked down his driveway, across the street, and onto a grassy hill.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Look to your left" Ross said

My eyes widened as I saw the most beautiful sunset ever. It was orange and pink and blue and all the colors.

"Woah" I whispered.

"I know right, it's gorgeous"

I looked back at Ross who was staring at me, smirking. it took me awhile before I realized he meant me. I blushed and curled up Into him as his arm went around me.

We sat there in each others arm, watching the sunset in a comfortable silence. until Ross said something.

"So the L word was brought up today" he rested his head on top of mine.

I sighed, "yeah"

"When do you think we will use the L word?" He asked.

"Hopefully soon but I don't know" I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"Soon." he said which made chills run through my body.

Soon? I thought. how soon?