Chapter 7

It 5:47 and nicks practice starts at 6. Since it was almost summer it wasn't that cold but it was late so I grabbed a hoodie. my mom pretty much knew where I was going cause I go to his practices a lot.

"Bye, going to nicks practice" I yelled while skipping down the stairs.

"Ok. are you walking?" She asked

It was only a 5 minute walk to school so I decided to get some fresh air.

"Ya, Bye"

"Bye" she said while walking out of the kitchen watching me leave.

...

I arrived shortly. I climbed up the bleachers and started scanning the field for nick. found him! it was like a game of eye spy. he's number 12. A couple minutes later he saw me and waved, I waved back. I could tell it made him happy for me to come to his practice.

Practice was finally over and I ran to the field while nick was chugging down water. he saw me and we hugged.

"What's up?" he asked.

"I need to talk"

"Ya sure" he replied putting down the water and following me to the top of the bleachers where it is quiet.

"I just want to talk to someone about what happened between me and jonah." I said bluntly.

" I'm here." was all he had to say and I knew I had his full attention.

"He really wants to get back together. he try's to talk to me at school but I avoid him. I don't think I love him anymore but I feel bad-"

" You feel bad? he's the one who cheated on you! he doesn't deserve a second chance" he said interrupting me.

" I know but he seems so innocent"

"But he's not. come on Emma you have to forget about him"

"But he said he still loves me and maybe if I go out with him again I love him too"

"I bet he said that so you will forgive him and date him again, but who knows he could be off with that same girl right now, he can't be trusted. If he loved you why would he cheat on you?"

I can see his point. maybe I should just forget about Jonah and focus with my school work and hanging out with my friends.

"But what should I say? how can I say were done?"

"Just flat out tell him tomorrow the sooner you do it the better you'll feel." he said.

"Ok. thanks you helped me."

He gave me another hug. we are all big huggers, we all just love them.

"Want a ride home?"

I nodded. we walked back to his car and I was trying to come up with something to say to Jonah tomorrow.

In the car, a song came on, and me and nick just looked at each other and started singing

. this was the best song.

'A little party never killed nobody'. It really lightened up my mood. once we got to my house he walked me to the door it was like we were on a date. ew.

"Well, bye" I said while unlocking the front door.

"You going to be ok?"

"Ya. thanks so much. your a really

Great- "

I was cut off my him leaning in. oh no. were friends! now it will be all awkward . but he was just so cute and sweet. maybe just this one time we can share this special moment. so I leaned in to and before you know it we locked lips. it was nice. It lasted only like 7 seconds because I pulled away. "Friend" I finished my statement and he smiled then I smiled.

I mean who knows maybe we can go out. what could go wrong?